John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
April 29, 2024, 06:45:11 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: image upside down *FIXED*  (Read 1984 times)
alby13

Jamma Cabinet FTW

View Profile
« on: October 06, 2013, 04:37:06 am »

i got everything working well enough but my image is upside down. i flipped it by dipswitch on a street fighter 2 board but neo geo doesn't have that.

now i hear i have to flip the connections on the yolk wires

*update: fix outlined below
« Last Edit: October 16, 2013, 03:16:32 am by alby13 » Logged

-alby13
"Go home and be a family man!"
alby13

Jamma Cabinet FTW

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2013, 07:44:29 pm »

i got everything working well enough but my image is upside down. i flipped it by dipswitch on a street fighter 2 board but neo geo doesn't have that.

i just read the do it yourself guide and it says if i cross the wrong wires i'll instantly damage the monitor so that just makes me more nervous about doing this. ><

-alby13
Mr_Rampage

Arcade/Coin Op Inventor

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2013, 09:12:22 pm »

i just read the do it yourself guide and it says if i cross the wrong wires i'll instantly damage the monitor so that just makes me more nervous about doing this. ><

Do more reading and make sure your doing it right. These games usually have plenty of documentation, With enough research you can fix it. Just don't do anything your not absolutely sure about.

True restoration is an art form. Like any good artist you have to know what your doing. Painting a single line on a canvas and calling it a masterpiece does not fly in restoring a arcade machine. Do it right
alby13

Jamma Cabinet FTW

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2013, 03:15:25 am »

Do more reading and make sure your doing it right. These games usually have plenty of documentation, With enough research you can fix it. Just don't do anything your not absolutely sure about.

Fixed it!

called in my friend who repairs arcades.

finally gritted my teeth and did it. i read the Yolk Flipping guide by Bob Roberts: http://arcadecontrols.com/BBBB/yoke.html

I did it a bit differently instead of switching the wires down below, i switched them at the top where they go into the monitor itself as suggested by my friend. it was too difficult to change the wiring down below because the wires went directly into the circuit board.

we were able to measure the pair of wires with a multimeter/voltmeter. there was a higher voltage for one pair and a lower for the other pair of wires that needed to be switched, so it was easy to know how to not cross them and damage the display. if the wrong wires are measured with the multimeter then you will not have a closed circuit so you will not have a reading and you will know not to cross those wires. pretty simple.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2013, 03:18:40 am by alby13 » Logged

-alby13
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: