John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
April 29, 2024, 06:34:38 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: DIY Coin Button Reject {solved}  (Read 3587 times)
Mr_Rampage

Arcade/Coin Op Inventor

View Profile
« on: October 05, 2013, 10:50:39 pm »

I'm trying to figure out how to make my own decals for my coin return buttons. I so far can't find information on this.

What I want to know is, how do i get the size right to fit on the button, and whats the best material to use? Thanks guys
« Last Edit: November 21, 2013, 11:35:04 pm by Shadaw_The_Rampage » Logged

True restoration is an art form. Like any good artist you have to know what your doing. Painting a single line on a canvas and calling it a masterpiece does not fly in restoring a arcade machine. Do it right
alby13

Jamma Cabinet FTW

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2013, 04:34:50 am »

I'm trying to figure out how to make my own decals for my coin return buttons. I so far can't find information on this.

What I want to know is, how do i get the size right to fit on the button, and whats the best material to use? Thanks guys

i do graphic design professionally, but it would be best to take a photo of what you want. what button? do you mean a sticker?

-alby13
"Go home and be a family man!"
Mr_Rampage

Arcade/Coin Op Inventor

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2013, 05:10:33 pm »

I can explain this ;)

http://na.suzohapp.com/all_catalogs/coin_currency_supplies/42-0517-00D

This is the coin reject button you see on the coin door. If your gets stuck you press the button and the coin comes out to the coin return/reject tray at the bottom.

I'm still trying to get my arcade business going, and I want to remove the happ 25C sticker inside the button which is really easy to do but i can't seem to get the measurements right to do it correctly. I'm also not sure what paper would be translucent enough to do it or if i should make a quality sticker with my logo the right size and attach that instead.

I know its a little thing by all standards but I figure if I'm gonna do it I'm gonna do it all the way.

True restoration is an art form. Like any good artist you have to know what your doing. Painting a single line on a canvas and calling it a masterpiece does not fly in restoring a arcade machine. Do it right
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2013, 09:24:43 am »

I made my own for Centuri coin doors. Just take the thing apart and measure it! Smiley

Here's mine:

http://johnsarcade.com/klov/centuri_coin_reject.pdf
Mr_Rampage

Arcade/Coin Op Inventor

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2013, 10:50:54 am »

I made my own for Centuri coin doors. Just take the thing apart and measure it! Smiley

Here's mine:

I was going to ask you, but I didn't want to be a bother. I have this problem though of any time i print something it comes out the wrong size.

alby13

Jamma Cabinet FTW

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2013, 05:49:15 pm »

Here's mine:

I was going to ask you, but I didn't want to be a bother. I have this problem though of any time i print something it comes out the wrong size.

some printers have that problem, or you might want to try to print in another program.

-alby13
"Go home and be a family man!"
Mr_Rampage

Arcade/Coin Op Inventor

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2013, 06:51:22 pm »

Here's mine:

some printers have that problem, or you might want to try to print in another program.

I may need to buy a laser jet printer or something more up to date/accurate. the one i have it's not junk or anything im perfectly happy with printing regular letters or something with it. However more often then not when i try to print something smaller with it like these decals they don't turn out very well.

Mr_Rampage

Arcade/Coin Op Inventor

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2013, 12:15:42 pm »

So I just got in my coin door. The door itself is fine, i got it from X-Arcade. There is one fairly large issue. The return slot is fused and i get get there cheap bad looking sticker out of it.

Oh side note i know that the return stickers I made will work great. I used your returns john as a template to make mine, and mine turned out great. I'll Add photos to this topic a little later on.

Mr_Rampage

Arcade/Coin Op Inventor

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2013, 11:36:44 pm »

I did some research on the matter. I found that the happ coin returns have a slot in it that you push the card out of. One of those little things no one bothered to mention so I made a video to explain it . Anyways this is solved.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: