John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
April 29, 2024, 07:06:00 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sega outrun  (Read 1715 times)
Meanstreak05

View Profile
« on: January 22, 2017, 12:54:59 pm »

Hi I need some help I just picked up a non working out run it turns on but I just have a flashing scrambled screen . It also keeps repeating checkpoint . I didn't know who workes on outrun boards or might have one for sale . I have asked on klov with no answer back .I don't know how to post a  picture on here off my tablet if you need one I can send you one please let me know thank you
Hooligan93

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2017, 08:14:53 pm »

Upload picture to a hosting site like Imagur.

Then use insert Image button.

" {img]paste image url here[/img} "

add .jpg at end of url if you want the picture image to show up in your post otherwise it will just show up as a web link.
mrdude

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2017, 01:34:49 pm »

Make sure the voltage is good. 5v DC at the board. From there, I'd try reseating the socketed chips on the boards.  If you have the ability, the next step might be to do a checksum of the EPROMs to make sure they aren't corrupted.

If you have questions on how to do something in particular, just ask and we'll help you the best we can!
TheMoose94

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2017, 06:05:09 am »

I had a flashing screen on my outrun and it ended up being one of the eproms not seated correctly on the video board.
Meanstreak05

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2017, 02:14:00 am »

Sorry guys I for got to update but I picked up two non working sets of outrun pcbs for parts and before I took any parts off of them I changed all the boards around to see if any would work. One was missing a cap so I replaced the cap and noted one of the caps the negative was in the wrong spot looked closer and someone twisted the cap so both leads were touching . I fixed that and reseated all the roms and checked the voltages and it fired right up. It's been working for two weeks now no problems . I replaced the tmolding with a light blue and cleaned up the cab all the steering mechanism ,shifter , pedals and added a outrun high score kit that's was well worth investing in and been playing the crap out of it.thank you for getting back to me 
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: