John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
April 29, 2024, 01:27:29 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Pole position display.  (Read 2629 times)
Flynn's will live again!

View Profile
« on: October 03, 2013, 08:33:39 pm »

Hello all,

DISCLAIMER!!!!!!!!!!!!! HERESEY AHEAD!!!!!!!! I am going to  be having to use an LCD monitor on my pole position for now!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unfortunately, I don't know really what to do as I am new to arcade repair.  I have my video out cords, ( yellow and red, yellow and green, yellow and blue, purple and grey and green with white(? Not sure on the last one), but five out. R, b, g, horizontal sync & ground. I bought one of the cga to vga converters from paradise arcades until I can get a CRT for my cab. Is my video connected using cga? How do I get my cga to vga converter to even work. As of now, just using vga to a monitor, I can't even get my menu on the board to display. So lost and frustrated. The game works and I can hear sounds and when I use pedal it all works, just no video.....please help.

I also found two return wires on the left bundled with the marquee light wires. It's a thicker black and white wire that goes down to the power board. I hve pictures of all if need be, I'm just posting from phone and don't see an option to upload. Thanks again all and any help is welcomed!

-Dan
Mr_Rampage

Arcade/Coin Op Inventor

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2013, 09:48:09 pm »

http://www.coinopspace.com/forum/topics/pole-position-monitor-issue

You might see if this solves your problem before you go doing something hearsay Tongue Also no I personally don't mind if you use LCD. I just thought I'd see if I could be helpful.

True restoration is an art form. Like any good artist you have to know what your doing. Painting a single line on a canvas and calling it a masterpiece does not fly in restoring a arcade machine. Do it right
Flynn's will live again!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2013, 09:11:50 am »

Aright, so the board wasn't getting the needed 5V. So I have it working fine now, now I'm trying to figure out the video from the arcade. What video format is 5 wires off the PCB? And I. Pols like someone already did the heat bypass on this unit directl through the boardand. It the exe connector. The wires end at a small connector, that has 6 openings but just uses the 5 wires. The the ground splits off the main again to another connector that has 2. So I have a 6 connector and a 2 connector? Where do they go? What are they called?
« Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 09:31:18 pm by Flynn's will live again! » Logged
Flynn's will live again!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2013, 11:55:55 pm »

Got it working. Now I just need to figure out what the white and black wires coming from power are? It works with them just hanging there?!?!?!?!?! I has no idea?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: