John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:14:35 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Need buying advice.. MK2 in roadblasters cab  (Read 1422 times)
b.moore2011

View Profile
« on: January 09, 2017, 11:42:43 am »

So, as the title says, its a mortal kombat 2 in a roadblasters cabinet. Cab has seen better days, theres a hole in the front near where the pedal used to mount. The control panel overlay is chopped because it doesnt really fit well where the original was. Heres the issue. I popped open the front door, and it looks like theyre using the old power supply from roadblasters to power the mk2 board. and while I was there, the monitor shut off for no reason i can tell.. when we unplugged the game, and started her back up, the monitor came back on. The colors were bright and it looked good, but needs some adjustments on size.. I cant tell what monitor they are using. SOO.. Do I pick this game up for 200 as is, and what do i do about the power supply issue? I can see there are only like 3 wires that come from the old power supply that runs up to the monitor.. Need some good advice.. I do like the size of the cab though, to fit into the room I want it in..
TommyVengeance

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2017, 03:15:17 pm »

Doesn't sound like a bad to me. A working MK2 PCB set is worth about $150 by itself. You can get a switching power supply for around $25 to replace the original one.
b.moore2011

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2017, 04:32:26 pm »

Does that monitor have to run off the old big transformer?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: