John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
March 29, 2024, 08:34:12 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Trying to remember two 80's arcade games.  (Read 1241 times)
gplechuckiii

View Profile
« on: January 06, 2017, 05:41:57 am »

A friend and I just bought our first two arcade cabinets. We plan on rebuilding one (original vector cockpit) and using the other (2004 golden tee) to make the "M" word that we shall not speak of.

Anyway of course this got us to remember the old arcade days of the 80's. We got talking and we both remembered two cabinets at the local arcade that we both remember but for the life of us neither one of us could remember either of their names. So after a week of trying to figure this out we are both stumped. No one else seems to remember these and no amount of reading online seems to have helped. So thought I'd ask here since I've already been doing some reading on our rebuild project.

So the first one was a fixed gun cabinet, like Crossbow, where there was a gun on as the controller. Where a princess is kidnapped by guys in suits then she escapes from them and runs away. You then have to shoot the bad guys from getting the princess. Actually had digitized voice that said "help me". Pretty neat for 1987.

The other was also a gun game that was also there in 1987. This one had you shoot mobsters in like the 20's or 30's in like Chicago or New York or something. I remember it well because it was a period setting which there wern't many of during that time. Everything was either modern or fantasy in those days.

Anyway anything would help. 
blake

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2017, 04:17:13 pm »

Dick Tracey?
gplechuckiii

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2017, 09:52:03 am »

Dick Tracey?

There was no Dick Tracy arcade game.

We did figure out the second one was called Empire City: 1931. So that is one mystery solved.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: