John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
April 26, 2024, 08:07:27 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: My TMNT TiT Restore!  (Read 1861 times)
total

View Profile
« on: December 26, 2016, 11:14:52 pm »

My buddy has had a Turtles in Time machine sitting in his garage for years. He never intended to fix it up and I had been bothering him for ages about restoring it. Well he finally sold it to me a couple weeks ago and I started restoring it the next day. I still have a ton of work to do but so far I've got the monitor and game working. The K7000 needed capacitors and transistors for the neckboard. The control panel still needs to be completely redone but I am waiting on parts for that. I'm brand new to this hobby so if anyone sees anything troublesome or has any comments I'd appreciate them. I'll update this post as things progress but right now I figured I'd post the Imgur album of what I have completed so far. Thanks for looking and thanks to John for all his super informative videos! Without those capacitor replacement videos I'd still have a half black monitor with no reds.

My TMNT TiT Restore Album
darkcat1

View Profile
Re:
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2016, 08:19:48 pm »

Looks great.  I hope my TMNT to Bucky O'Hare project turns out ok

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
total

View Profile
Re:
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2017, 11:47:32 pm »

Oh I would love to see them. Do you have any pics? I've never played Bucky O' Hare. How is it compared to the Turtles games or Sunset Riders?
total

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2017, 06:05:29 pm »

I made some updates to the machine over the past couple of weeks and made a couple Youtube videos on them. These are my first Youtube videos so sorry for the lack of quality. I have a better light and a microphone coming but they aren't that bad. If you have any recommendations or suggestions I'd love to hear them.

https://youtu.be/6y-fp3aMJJs
CybaPunk

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2017, 07:09:41 pm »

@ OP I am extremely jealous  Tongue Turtles in time was my favourite snes game of all **** time and the arcade version 4x Better"

i was a turtles kid coming up
darkcat1

View Profile
Re:
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2017, 06:15:27 pm »

Oh I would love to see them. Do you have any pics? I've never played Bucky O' Hare. How is it compared to the Turtles games or Sunset Riders?

It mixes things up and it's a 3 button game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvJpHqsCYl0

kinda a cross between turtles and metal slug is the best I can come up with
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: