John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
March 29, 2024, 09:56:10 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Monitor Replacement help!!!!!!  (Read 1262 times)
BigDubDiesel

https://www.facebook.com/NWSoundScaping/

View Profile WWW
« on: December 01, 2016, 09:33:24 am »

I have 3 games needing monitor repair or replacement

PacMan O.G. Upright
NFL Blitz 2000 Gold
Lethal Enforcers

I see Trinitons on Craigslist for free all the time in my area. Should I consider using them? Should I swap in an LCD in The NFL Blitz?

What are my cheapest options to get them running?

I also have a Capcom bowling that has a bit of burn in so it might be on its way out.

I am kind of diving head first into the hobby right now and would appreciate all the guidance and knowledge this great community can offer!!

Patrick West
Audiophile, Gamer, Father, Foodie
Hooligan93

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2016, 02:37:58 pm »

Monitor burn is to be expected for 30 year old crts. I never understood the whole LCD vs CRT debate till I got a couple cabinets, even with some light to moderate burn I like the crt image better now, but i would have said just LCD everything before.

As for your other issues post some pictures of your monitor images and someone can point you in the right direction to getting them looking good again. Options may include deguassing, cap kits, monitor pot adjustments, or even adjusting the yoke rings.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: