John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
April 26, 2024, 07:05:03 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Super Pac-Man Update Stuck in test mode I think help  (Read 1012 times)
Megamanfan

View Profile
« on: November 17, 2016, 01:02:33 pm »

So my Super Pac-man machine has a power issue.  You turn it on and the monitor is green.  My friend who builds machines tested my boards the the game boards work and he suggested a new power supply.  So I took his advice and purchased a Midway Power supply kit #2 from Arcadeshop.  Well this was ok I guess as I was able to just plug the PCB connectors right into this circuit board. The down side is now correct me if I am wrong. You can't plug and play the rest of the harness and requires rewiring the monitor power cord, Marquee sign, On off switch, and back safety switch.
This part throws me off as like I said I don't understand how to wire this into my switching power supply. Example what wires go to 12v or 5v & on top of that I read you need a separate isolation transformer for the monitor.  Im really hoping anyone can give me a simple explanation how to finish up the wiring. The game sits in my friends shop and I need to get rid of it and was hoping to get it working by next week so my other buddy can pick it up.  Thanks everyone for taking the time to read this and have a good day.

Update 11\24

So I was able to get the wiring done. The machine turns on now. I found out that the last owner must of turned the flyback all the way up causing the green screen.  The game seems to fire up but it seems it stuck in some sort of mode. I tried using the service button inside the coin door but that did nothing.
The screen I see reads top to buttom
Ram I/0 with a reference to the coin doors and other stuff. But it is just stuck on that screen.  None of the buttons do anything. 
Can anyone please help me.  I sold this to a friend and want to get it working for him
« Last Edit: November 24, 2016, 07:28:55 am by Megamanfan » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: