John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
April 29, 2024, 06:02:12 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Pac Man Cabaret Restore  (Read 12187 times)
lordkahless214

View Profile WWW
« on: September 05, 2013, 03:07:26 pm »

So I am really enjoying the series, I'm itching to pick up a Pacman upright soon and this is lighting that fire pretty good. I know you usually add high score saves to your games are you adding one to Pacman?  or just free play with attract?
Will it be replacing a game in the basement or do you think can you squeeze it in?  Smiley
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2013, 12:16:46 pm »

So I am really enjoying the series, I'm itching to pick up a Pacman upright soon and this is lighting that fire pretty good. I know you usually add high score saves to your games are you adding one to Pacman?  or just free play with attract?
Will it be replacing a game in the basement or do you think can you squeeze it in?  Smiley

Thanks for watching the vids!

I will be installing some sort of high-score save kit with freeplay in the Pac. Not sure which one just yet. I'll squeeze the game in somehow!
alby13

Jamma Cabinet FTW

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2013, 04:43:49 am »

just watched them, i want to see the wood sticker applied. fix that angled monitor! you're the man!

-alby13
"Go home and be a family man!"
Mr_Rampage

Arcade/Coin Op Inventor

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2013, 07:18:54 pm »

I'm awaiting the next video. Providing its not delayed thanks to Grand Theft Auto 5 ;)

True restoration is an art form. Like any good artist you have to know what your doing. Painting a single line on a canvas and calling it a masterpiece does not fly in restoring a arcade machine. Do it right
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2013, 09:20:45 am »

I'm awaiting the next video. Providing its not delayed thanks to Grand Theft Auto 5 ;)

Part #5 is DONE and it's uploading to Youtube as I type this. Should be up late today. It's LONG and BIG! Smiley
Mr_Rampage

Arcade/Coin Op Inventor

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2013, 11:36:45 am »

Part #5 is DONE and it's uploading to Youtube as I type this. Should be up late today. It's LONG and BIG! Smiley

Lol good, I was just trying for a cheap laugh there ;)

True restoration is an art form. Like any good artist you have to know what your doing. Painting a single line on a canvas and calling it a masterpiece does not fly in restoring a arcade machine. Do it right
alby13

Jamma Cabinet FTW

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2013, 11:20:04 pm »

sweet watching now Smiley you're throwing around the phrase "triple thick" again. i'd like to see you test the protection of the triple thick on a marquee you don't care about, showing how it protects against scratches and heat. that would be a good video.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 11:24:18 pm by alby13 » Logged

-alby13
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2013, 09:54:01 am »

sweet watching now Smiley you're throwing around the phrase "triple thick" again. i'd like to see you test the protection of the triple thick on a marquee you don't care about, showing how it protects against scratches and heat. that would be a good video.

Triple thick rocks! Smiley You want me to try and scratch it? LOL!
Mr_Rampage

Arcade/Coin Op Inventor

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2013, 10:31:09 am »

I second that, I hear its the greatest thing since sliced bread for arcades. ;) Lets see some proof.

lordkahless214

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2013, 06:23:32 pm »

I watched the video, and it was excellent as always.
 I'm sorry to say that I too have to repin a Pacman harness, and I have really been putting it off because I know that it's tedious work....I hate the tedious work.
But now I think I may pick up a molex crimper, seemed to make the job so much easier in your video.

Keep them coming man we appreciate the work that goes into the videos.

« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 06:27:43 pm by lordkahless214 » Logged
alby13

Jamma Cabinet FTW

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2013, 07:40:04 pm »

yeah take a marquee that's not important, do a good triple thick and let it cure. then do some testing and get progressively harsher with each step.

1st try scratching it with your finger nail, then try rubbing it on wood, then try a hair dryer, then try car keys, and then a house nail, and then a screw driver, then hit it with a heat gun, zap it with some high voltage like a car battery then sand paper it and chemical resistance tests fire crackers and then you should just strap on some home made explosives or dynamite and blow the shit out of it. shoot it with some guns i don't know hahaha

each time put some light behind it and show that it looks good still Smiley

THE TRIPLE THICK TORTURE TEST!

-alby13
Mr_Rampage

Arcade/Coin Op Inventor

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2013, 09:08:54 pm »

Back to the pac-man i noticed when i rewatched the hour long video {yes I watched it twice} I noticed you had a new control panel overlay. Also is it just me or does the marquee for the pac-man seem a little underwhelming for such a classic game?

John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2013, 09:56:17 am »

Back to the pac-man i noticed when i rewatched the hour long video {yes I watched it twice} I noticed you had a new control panel overlay. Also is it just me or does the marquee for the pac-man seem a little underwhelming for such a classic game?

Yeah, I have a NOS Pac-Man cabaret CPO. I dunno, I kind of like the marquee.

However, I like the Japanese Puckman art better I think.

Mr_Rampage

Arcade/Coin Op Inventor

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2013, 10:05:18 am »

Yeah, I have a NOS Pac-Man cabaret CPO. I dunno, I kind of like the marquee.

However, I like the Japanese Puckman art better I think.

I don't dislike the marquee. I'm looking forward to sunday.

alby13

Jamma Cabinet FTW

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2013, 08:00:21 pm »

original goes a long way.

-alby13
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: