John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:50:02 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Seeking Help Changing Games - Vs. Unisystem  (Read 2845 times)
TheToxicCollector

View Profile
« on: October 04, 2016, 11:26:30 am »

I picked up a Vs. SMB cab a couple weeks back and it came with a spare pcb. I thought it would be cool to have a fun multiplayer game to play so I had someone write Vs. Ice Climber on some eprom's for me. I was under the assumption that all I had to do was swap the eprom's because the ppu is compatible with both games. However after swapping the eprom's all I get upon powering up is a flashing blue or yellow screen. I tried re seating the chips and I also tried swapping them to another known working pcb but still had the same results. Am I missing something or doing it incorrectly? Perhaps it was just a bad write or corrupted files? Any help would be appreciated.
Hooligan93

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2016, 03:14:26 am »

Double check your SMB PPU make sure it is 004. Ice climber and Clu Clu only works on 004. I believe SMB and excitebike work on a few different PPU. I just started playing around with VS so i am no expert. I am not sure about this but i might have read that the games bins have to be doubled on each rom?
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2016, 09:51:26 am »

This happens a lot. Try different CPUs or reseating the CPU chip
KingofInfiniteSpace

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2016, 11:17:31 am »

Is there only one kind of CPU? Does it work will all the games, or is it like the PPU, of which there are multiple versions?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: