John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
April 30, 2024, 12:32:29 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hello from Foxboro  (Read 1763 times)
LouieC

View Profile
« on: February 15, 2011, 09:46:25 pm »

I'm somewhat new to the classic arcade scene though I've been playing arcade machines my whole life.  I competed at the 12th Annual International Classic Video Game Tournament up at Funspot and have been traveling up there multiple times a month since.  Recently I have been going to an arcade the in Pelham NH called Pinball Wizard.  The classic arcade collection was scattered, but the pinball selection was amazing.  If you are a fan on Street Fighter or any other fighting game, this is the arcade for you.  I own a Willow cabinet that I believe was converted from an old Atari cabinet, and Im in the market to buy my first pinball machine.  Does anyone have any good suggestions for things to avoid when buying a pinball machine?  Any advice would help. Thanks.

Louie
Foxboro MA
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2011, 08:58:56 pm »

I'm somewhat new to the classic arcade scene though I've been playing arcade machines my whole life.  I competed at the 12th Annual International Classic Video Game Tournament up at Funspot and have been traveling up there multiple times a month since.  Recently I have been going to an arcade the in Pelham NH called Pinball Wizard.  The classic arcade collection was scattered, but the pinball selection was amazing.  If you are a fan on Street Fighter or any other fighting game, this is the arcade for you.  I own a Willow cabinet that I believe was converted from an old Atari cabinet, and Im in the market to buy my first pinball machine.  Does anyone have any good suggestions for things to avoid when buying a pinball machine?  Any advice would help. Thanks.

Welcome, bro!!

Funspot nad Pinball Wizard are both cool. I think the biggest thing to look out for with pinballs is battery damage on the main CPU board. They had AA batteries on those boards and they tend to leak and destroy the boards. Make sure you look at the boards before you buy!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: