John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
April 20, 2024, 09:32:41 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 4 player konami cabinet  (Read 1391 times)
Gdubley

View Profile
« on: September 29, 2016, 09:04:56 pm »

I was fortunate enough to pick up a konami cabinet a while back for real cheap and Im finally going to get to trying to restore it. Currently is has the Simpsons control panel and paper marquee and what I'm assuming is the Simpsons pcb (monitor doesn't work and havnt tested). I'm pretty sure it's not originally a Simpsons cabinet because it only has the one speaker grill for mono sound. I eventually plan to use the cab to change out various four player boards but want to restore the cabinet to original one speaker konami game.  My question is is there a comprehensive list of konami mono 4 player games? And also is there any subtle differences that can determine what my cabinet was originally?

Thanks!
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2016, 08:45:54 am »

My understanding is the mono games were TMNT, GI JOE, Bucky O'Hare, and Crime Fighters.

The rest are stereo.
darkcat1

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2016, 06:37:57 pm »

My understanding is the mono games were TMNT, GI JOE, Bucky O'Hare, and Crime Fighters.

The rest are stereo.

For the most part.  Some games were converted to mono and my friend had a Turtles in Time he swears was dedicated that was Mono.  Bucky O'Hare is an adaptable board so it can be Stereo or Mono depending on the settings.  The only way to really tell is 1. the color of the joysticks(each Konami game has it's own wico colors), 2. if the sticker is still on the back.

I could see this as a Turtles to Simpsons conversion but I haven't seen it myself. Konami sold alot of kits for these cabs.

As for me I'm grabbing what I can as I'm working on a Bucky O'Hare myself.  I just found the lost CPL and sent it off to get repoed so I'm hoping to have an art kit in the next three months.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: