John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
April 25, 2024, 03:52:44 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Need help identifing cocktail cabinet.  (Read 2312 times)
Hooligan93

View Profile
« on: September 02, 2016, 12:16:24 am »

Hi Everyone!  So I took the plunge a couple weeks ago a bought a couple machines  Smiley

But now a want to figure out a little about one of them a cocktail cabinet that I can not find any thing similar on google. It looks like an early Atari cross with a Taito. The name plate is completely worn off and no labels or documents inside except on the monitor which is a mitsubushi tube and a Nanao Chassis. It currently has a 1942 inside with a Jamma connector but you can tell the wiring has been hacked and slashed, as well as the coin mechs, and suspect buttons and joysticks may not be original.

PS the Joysticks and Buttons are exactly like in Johns VS restore videos. Leaf buttons with the same switch holders and spacers under them, which are just PVC tubing cut to height needed 3/8" aprox?

I added the red button just because the Free Play mode has no attract,
and if my kids leave it on i don't want to get any burn in on the screen,
All the info on this nameplate has rubbed off
« Last Edit: September 02, 2016, 01:09:20 am by Hooligan93 » Logged
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2016, 10:23:25 pm »

Judging by the NANOA monitor I'd say it's a SEGA. Just a guess. Zaxxon???
Hooligan93

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2016, 12:41:40 am »

Thanks John,
by the way I stuck it rich in the the Qix cabinet I got with this cocktail.

allansim

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2016, 06:58:23 am »

I love tokens.  Anybody heard of 'Jiggers' before?  Not me.
Hooligan93

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2016, 04:11:37 pm »

I am in northern Alberta so it could have been from an arcade in Edmonton or Calgary. I did see one other token like this, while on google, on a Metal detectors treasure page but it was found around Lake Huron so it could be anywhere in Ontario.

Looked up Sega cocktail cabinets and Zaxxon, Eliminator, and Frogger are the closest Ive seen to my cabinet. Differences are round vertical vent louvers on the ends and another below the game select(mine are Horizontal and none below game select buttons). The Control panels are identical. The table lid locks are in the right place (that's where i put the red button) but no sign of a name plate was ever mounted on the side by the lock( I think mine was just a foil sticker above the game power switch and cord but is all rubbed off). So close, I  looked at earlier 79 cabs and they are way off, and I cant find any with legs after 82? Thanks again John for pointing me in the right direction. Smiley
« Last Edit: September 08, 2016, 04:35:12 pm by Hooligan93 » Logged
allansim

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2016, 08:02:07 pm »

Cool.  I'm in Ontario.
Hooligan93

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2016, 08:39:19 pm »

So Josh invited me to join the Alberta pinball facebook page yesterday. Scrolled down a bit and i found my ct cab housing a Star Castle. google searched it and found another one on KLOV. So it might be a Cinematronic early cocktail.

https://scontent-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/14581448_1106672289370392_1343960649672270739_n.jpg?oh=3aca4bffe0d8dbeb5e5da20bc9c49d1e&oe=58C30798

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: