John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
April 23, 2024, 04:54:32 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 1st Killer Queen in TEXAS  (Read 975 times)
cpjoe

View Profile
« on: August 28, 2016, 04:43:41 pm »

For the past year I've been begging the owner of Pinballz to bring a Killer Queen arcade to Texas. That day is now here! John, I've followed in your footsteps down to Logan Arcade and met with the scene in Chicago and have you to thank for the inspiration of so, so many of my personal arcade adventures. I've met in person with Nik Mikros, one of the game's creators, and have an ongoing dialogue with the Chicago scene to make sure we are off to a good start and to apply the lessons learned from other scenes.

I've had the rare pleasure of seeing the game unboxed (pictures in the link below) when it arrived 2 days ago and have started a Facebook page to document building this community from the ground up. The success and performance of this game will rise and fall based on the support of the local community. If you'd like to follow our adventures and see this community grow right at the start, follow us on Facebook! Also if you're in Texas, you are IN, and want to get involved with the scene, hit me up on Facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/killerqueenatx/

^Details on BumbleBash I, the National Killer Queen Tournament, at the Belmont, in Austin, Texas, November 4th and 5th also in the link above!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: