John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
April 24, 2024, 07:55:45 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Chicago trip! Didn't really get to do much arcade stuff though...  (Read 1027 times)
KennyL

I'm just an average guy, I guess.

View Profile
« on: August 22, 2016, 05:08:22 am »

Well, the wife says to me a week or so ago:  "I know what I want for my birthday.  There's a not-so-subtle hint on you computer."  It was this webpage: http://wizardworld.com/comiccon/chicago (it's now dead and shows 2017 since the convention is over)  She's a huge Walking Dead fan and mostly a general fan of Norman Reedus.  He was one of the celebrity gusts.  We planned as quickly as we could on short notice and made the trip on Saturday along with the wife's cousin.  Getting there plenty early, she got a decent place in line and kept it for hours to meet him and get an autograph.  I stayed with her cousin and looped around the exhibitors and such.  Left the convention later in the evening, hit the hotel, got some Jimmy John's and crashed.

Next day, a bit of breakfast and then some rest before heading out to get some Giordano's deep dish.  Awesome pizza.  Then, interstate and heading home.  Planning on doing it next year, but getting Logan Hardware Arcade in there somewhere and perhaps seeing more of Chicago.  I did get to play some VP cabs while I was at the convention wandering around, heh.  They had several of them set up, including some of the new "vertigo" machines that take up less floor space.  Still not a real pin, though.

Kenny L.
As an f.y.i. there is more than corn in Indiana...there's soybeans, ha.
Mini NeoGeo machine thread, inspired by Ben Heck:
http://www.johnsarcade.com/forum/index.php?topic=2640.0
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: