John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
April 29, 2024, 10:02:19 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: English Mark Darts "Super 6" numbers that do not register are 14 and double 14..  (Read 3446 times)
Drummer_man

View Profile
« on: June 05, 2016, 01:20:09 pm »

Hello.  I was wondering if someone could please help me.  I recently purchased an older used  English Mark Darts "Super 6" Plus II dartboard.  I was pretty excited to get it, but it does not work properly.  Everything works on it except for a few numbers that do not "count" or "register".  There are no broken tips that are stuck in the machine anywhere.  I did take the dartboard off and unscrewed the bolts to see what I could see, but everything looked in order.  I did clean off the rubber pad and examined the board up close.  Everything looked fine to my untrained eye, then I reassembled the dartboard making sure to only tighten the bolts finger tight.  The numbers that do not register are 14 and double 14, 8 and double 8 (which are on the left side of the board) and 6 and double 6 and 15 and double 15 (which are are the right side of the board).  I have tried to include some pictures, but for some reason it would not let me.  Would someone please be able to give me an idea of what I should do in order to get this board working properly?  Also could you please include a link to where I could purchase parts and a price list of parts that I would need to correct this problem?  Or better yet, If someone could please tell me how to fix or correct this problem without having to buy parts that would be even better. Thanks in advance for you help.

drummer_man_74@yahoo.com

« Last Edit: June 05, 2016, 01:44:14 pm by Drummer_man » Logged
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2016, 04:07:40 pm »

This is tough. I had the same issue when I first got mine and cleaning the spider helped. You need to check the ribbon cables and the connectors too.

Mine is now broken and I am not registering everything. I think I have a bad spider. You might too. If those go, you need to replace it.

However, you need to really make sure it's not a connection issue first. Check the ribbon cable in the back and where that connection goes on the PCB. Try reseating that stuff.

eBay right now is the best bet for these parts.
Drummer_man

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2016, 05:07:19 am »

I just wanted to let you know that the dartboard is working correctly now.  There must have been a cable or wire that was not fully connected.  I opened it up and tried to press and secure every computer cable and ribbon that I could see.  Then I powered it up and it worked. I did that exact same thing yesterday a few times and it made no difference at all.  So after I got it working, I slowly and carefully closed up the machine and played a few games.  The machine works flawlessly now.  I just wanted to let you know.
Long Live Gorf!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2016, 04:06:37 pm »

Nice, you have to love fixing things just by re-seating for FREE!
Binkman85

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2016, 05:52:34 pm »

Congrats and enjoy
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: