John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
April 28, 2024, 06:15:53 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 2 Player 412 in 1 Jamma Board Help Needed.  (Read 2029 times)
Columbo

View Profile
« on: June 02, 2016, 09:57:36 am »

I built a cocktail style arcade with 2 sets of controls for Player 1 and Player 2 including buttons to select 1 Player or 2 Players.   I installed a 412 in 1 Jamma board and wired it up according to the wiring diagram from the retailer.  Upon completion I went into the System menu and made a couple of changes such as setting it to Free Play and Free Browse. The player 1 side works fine with no apparent problems but nothing on the Player 2 side works at all.  Using the joystick or buttons does absolutely nothing. When I go into the System setup menu everything seems to relate to “Player 1” but I don’t see anything related to “Player 2”.

Any suggestions as to where I should be looking to find the problem with the Player 2 controls?

Thanks.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2016, 09:59:12 am by Columbo » Logged
smonroe

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2016, 04:36:42 pm »

Are you saying player 2 doesn't work to select a game in the menu, or player 2 controls don't  work when playing a 2 player game?
TheGuru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2016, 06:41:56 am »

On those PCBs pin 27 both sides of the JAMMA connector is button 6. The board is configured to have 2 8-way joysticks and 6 buttons.
Most JAMMA cabs/wiring have that pin as ground.
You need to pull out that wire from the JAMMA connector in your cab.
I don't know if that will fix your issue but for sure pin 27 both sides should not be wired to ground.

Also try any other JAMMA PCB. If another PCB works your board may be faulty.
If it doesn't work check under your control panel and make sure your grounds are connected and common.

Columbo

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2016, 08:29:04 am »

Thanks guys.  Its working now. Somehow, one of the ground wires slipped off of the joystick and that disconnected everything on the player 2 side from ground.  It was just barely off of the lug so it was not easy to spot.  Thanks again.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: