John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
April 29, 2024, 02:35:03 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: PCB Problems! (Donkey Kong and VS. Super Mario Bros.)  (Read 2724 times)
godfather

King Of The Castle

View Profile WWW
« on: August 19, 2013, 12:25:10 am »

PCB
Issues: Once i get to the 3rd rivet stage(the one after the pie factory) Mario automatically dies as if it were the kill screen. i'll lose the man board will start again and then he automatically dies, untill it's game over. Tried this again and it repeated exact same stage.

VS. Super Mario Bros.
Issues: Luigi will not go down tubes or duck? The left side of the control panel is the 2nd player? Pretty weird not sure what i should do here. When i pop 2 credits in, hit player 2 start. Mario is controlled from the right control panel, once he dies the left control panel will control luigi however pressing down on the joystick does not get registered in the game??

Any ideas?

Dedicated: Turbo Street Fighter II: Hyper Fighting, Ms Pac Man, 3, VS. Castlevania, Space Invaders Deluxe

Boards: Vs. Goonies, Vs. Super Mario Bros,
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2013, 09:12:42 am »

PCB
Issues: Once i get to the 3rd rivet stage(the one after the pie factory) Mario automatically dies as if it were the kill screen. i'll lose the man board will start again and then he automatically dies, untill it's game over. Tried this again and it repeated exact same stage.

VS. Super Mario Bros.
Issues: Luigi will not go down tubes or duck? The left side of the control panel is the 2nd player? Pretty weird not sure what i should do here. When i pop 2 credits in, hit player 2 start. Mario is controlled from the right control panel, once he dies the left control panel will control luigi however pressing down on the joystick does not get registered in the game??

Any ideas?

The DK issue is really odd. I have never heard of anything like that before. I'd look at voltages and maybe try reseating roms or do other simple things first.

On your Vs. Super Mario it sounds like your joystick is having issues. Look at the connections and make sure the switch is good for down.
godfather

King Of The Castle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2013, 09:38:26 pm »

PCB

VS. Super Mario Bros.

Any ideas?

The DK issue is really odd. I have never heard of anything like that before. I'd look at voltages and maybe try reseating roms or do other simple things first.

On your Vs. Super Mario it sounds like your joystick is having issues. Look at the connections and make sure the switch is good for down.

most interesting thing to note. if i go one player on the VS. SMB. Left control panel will control Mario and the down works!!!!? this is really weird. for some reason only in 2 player mode the down does not work?

Dedicated: Turbo Street Fighter II: Hyper Fighting, Ms Pac Man, 3, VS. Castlevania, Space Invaders Deluxe

godfather

King Of The Castle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2013, 04:17:57 pm »

bump

yocke

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2013, 07:07:35 pm »

Sounds like some connections are bad or touching some thing it.
Try disconnect and reconnect
 Huh?

Sounds really odd
godfather

King Of The Castle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2013, 09:21:53 am »

I am proud to report is now fully working, seems I had a bad rom set. Seller shipped out new one at his expense. I've installed it and now no more issues.

As for SmB I will try reconnecting everything and see what happens.

John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2013, 10:48:52 am »

I am proud to report is now fully working, seems I had a bad rom set. Seller shipped out new one at his expense. I've installed it and now no more issues.

As for SmB I will try reconnecting everything and see what happens.

THis is good news! Congrats on fixing the board.
godfather

King Of The Castle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2013, 10:03:12 pm »

Ah at last my arcade has a working Donkey kong machine. Just did my first 100k this morning.

godfather

King Of The Castle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2013, 01:59:56 pm »

I really cannot figure out why the machine behaves this way. VS. SUPER MARIO BROS

1. In One player mode i can use either the 1 player or the 2 player controls, no problem everything works, left. right, up, down, b ,a

2. In 2 player mode Mario is controlled by the 2nd player controls(right side) and he is locked out on the left(left control panel). everything works.

HOWEVER Luigi plays on the left side control panel and again the right side of the control panel(mario) is locked up. All works on the left side but the "Down".

How is this possible, when in 1 player mode everything works?? It's frustrating because i really would liek to get 2 player mode working where Luigi can acually duck and go down tubes!

Someone please help!!! Undecided

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: