John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
April 26, 2024, 12:15:30 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Centipede help!  (Read 2103 times)
Beary White

View Profile
« on: May 23, 2016, 11:34:40 pm »

Ok the centipede was working fine yesterday I decided to do an ar2 rebuild using one of Ian's kits all went well no issues so I reinstalled the ar2 after rebuild now the screen is blank sometimes and some times it comes on with green or yellow full screen static here is a photo please tell me I didn't break it I just bought this pcb

http://imgur.com/cnthYb6
Beary White

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2016, 11:47:15 pm »

Thought I should also add I have the game set to free play and the cone buttons are not blinking like they are supposed to and there is no sound also I can get test mode to work either
Beary White

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2016, 09:37:29 am »

I've done some more digging I unplugged the pcb though I think it might already be shot I've started testing voltage on the ar2 it self I'm getting like -12.26 from the -5vdc test point and get 10.12 from the sense test point the 36vac test points I'm getting 17.6 from and the adjustment knob doesn't seem to affect any of this voltage

update: I plugged in a non working pcb for resistance and I tested the sense again getting 7.86 from there also tested the +5v on the pcb it self it's running 7.86 also and turning the adjuster doesn't seem to do anything
« Last Edit: May 24, 2016, 11:03:58 am by Beary White » Logged
Beary White

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2016, 10:59:38 pm »

Solved had the tip32 in the Q8 spot and had the 7812 in the Q2 .......
brfoss

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2016, 10:57:02 am »

New guy scrolling old posts.  Looks like you figured this all out without any feedback from others. Nice job.

-----
Working Collection: Centipede, Asteroids, Pac Man, Dig Dug
Works In-Progress: Omega Race, Battlezone
Want: Tron, Galaga, Lunar Lander,
Hooligan93

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2016, 01:53:13 am »

Did the Centipede board survive?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: