John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
April 28, 2024, 03:32:01 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 2 XM2001s - same problem with V-Hold  (Read 1218 times)
clanggedin

View Profile
« on: May 04, 2016, 09:06:21 pm »

I have 2 XM2001s that have the exact same problem with the vertical hold being off every time I start the cabinets. One is in a Vs Unisystem and the other is in a Super Pacman converted to a Crime City. They have both been capped recently and DeOxit sprayed on the pots and turned back and forth. I have also reflowed most of the board and replaced the vertical pots. B+ on both monitors has been set to 110v as well.

Usually when the cab is turned on the vertical hold is off. There screen is not rolling it's just not locked where it should be. After 10 minutes it will begin to roll and if I set the v-hold where it should be it will usually stay until Iturn off the cab. I looked at the Sherp Troubleshooting guide and it says to check the vertical oscillators, but I don't know where those are located unless they are a group of parts.

What else could it be? I thought I could live with adjusting the hold after I boot the cab, but I can't. It needs to be perfect.

Any ideas?

How do  I check I601? Would I601 have gone bad on both chassis after I capped them?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: