John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
April 29, 2024, 10:26:18 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Raspberry Pi Kit and Video  (Read 1525 times)
Shipwreck

View Profile
« on: May 03, 2016, 05:04:41 pm »

Hey John,
I watched your video on that Raspberry Pi 3 setup and got me to take the plunge and get one for myself. I have wanted to get one and set it up for a while but never did it. I was super easy to setup after watching your struggles setting up yours. I have the old consoles and Mame set up on mine and it plays really well. I think I am going to use it and build a little bartop cab to run games on. I also figured out that I could set up Daphne on it as well. I have Dragon's Lair and Space Ace set up on it right now since I have those DVD's of those games. It was a bit more detailed in getting set up initially but figured it out and they run great.

Thanks for the video, it really got me inspired to do something with a Raspberry Pi.

Shipwreck
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2016, 09:10:20 am »

That's awesome! Congrats. I need to try Daphne. Sounds fun.... Smiley
Shipwreck

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2016, 09:46:55 am »

https://gameroomsolutions.com/setup-daphne-raspberry-pi-3-retropie/

This is the page I used to help me set up Daphne on my pi. The controller file at the end didn't work for me so I changed mine to get it to work with my controller with the buttons where I wanted them.
The .command file will look different depending on the game you are adding to your pi. It will reflect the command line data (screen size, dip switches, etc...) that would be sent to daphne to run the game. I can share to setup I used for mine if you need it.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: