John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
April 27, 2024, 06:12:38 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What to do when you're out of room  (Read 2206 times)
BadMonkey

View Profile WWW
« on: April 30, 2016, 02:00:49 pm »

So, my basement is full, my garage is packed. My dining room's corners are gamer friendly. I don't have an inch of space for another machine. Yet, I just picked up a qbert and I don't know where I can put it aside from the middle of my drive way. It's too difficult to play laying in the back of my suv. What has everyone done when they have run out of room? Am I the only one who needs an intervention? I know the first thing one may say is to sell. But I am looking for other experiences and ideas. I can't seem to find an arcade collector addiction hotline.

just rebuilt another g07. On to the vector on Asteroids!
offset

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2016, 05:00:39 pm »

Sell sell sell, unless you want to build an extension to your house, .

Lend a game to a friend/family?
Worm2

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2016, 03:03:02 pm »

I hope to one day buy a storage container. Run power out to it and insulate. You can weld them together pretty easy. Would be a fairly cheap home expansion.
Furniture_Nerd

1985 was... HOW long ago?!? Yeesh.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2016, 11:25:53 pm »

Are all of the games you have the ones you really want? If not, then what about selling a couple (or whatever it took) to get the ones you really want? Seems like some of the guys with the really great arcades I've seen have done that. Easy for me to say, because I know personally it would be tough to do.  But if I could sell a couple of my machines to get, say, a Spy Hunter or a Paperboy...I'd do it in a heartbeat. That of course doesn't help you right now though. Got any good neighbors? One of my neighbors has one of my bartop cabinets, on semi-permanent loan.

Yes, I am nerdy about furniture...and a lot of other things. But mostly furniture. And a lot of other things.
MagicMarc-er

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2016, 07:54:38 am »

I'd agree with Furniture Nerd.  Once a collection gets up over, say, 30 games, you probably have a few that just aren't that important to you but could be to another.  What two games combined are less important to you than Qbert?
darkcat1

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2016, 09:41:14 am »

sell a game or two that you don't want to keep.  You also might consider renting a storage space or building an outbuilding of some sort.  I'm still kinda new but I don't plan on keeping that much
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: