John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
April 28, 2024, 02:08:21 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Pacman help!  (Read 1674 times)
RetroArcade

View Profile
« on: August 13, 2013, 04:15:52 pm »

Hey guys,

I just purchased this Pacman and i'm having a problem with it and can't figure out what's going on.
I plugged it in and the screen turns on blue with waves crossing the screen no game play or sound comes on, can anyone help? i wanted to post a picture but could'nt figure it out.
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2013, 08:53:24 pm »

Hey guys,

I just purchased this Pacman and i'm having a problem with it and can't figure out what's going on.
I plugged it in and the screen turns on blue with waves crossing the screen no game play or sound comes on, can anyone help? i wanted to post a picture but could'nt figure it out.

I replied to you via e-mail.

This is the definitive resource for this info:

http://lawnmowerman.rotheblog.com

Check your voltages first.

I'll be honest, I am not that far with my Pac-Man restore to really help you. But, I should really know what's going on with it VERY SOON.

Also, you might want to consider installing a switching power supply with adapter. Arcadeshop has this kit. The Pac-Man PCB has the power supply built-in and the kit at arcadeshop.com moves it off the board. I have no personal experience with it but it might be a good solution if you are not comfortable rebuilding the power supply on the PCB.
lordkahless214

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2013, 04:31:51 am »

I have fixed several Pacman games/PCB's lately and I think John is right on the money suggesting a new power supply, Without a picture it is tough to be 100% sure but I can say that in my experience it really sounds like it's not getting power or not enough of it. I would toss a switcher into it and go from there.
RetroArcade

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2013, 09:39:10 am »

Both of you were right! I just brought it back to life last night. I checked the power and found that a fuse was bad so i changed all the fuses just to be on the safe side and still wouldn't turn on. When i took out the fuses out i saw that the fuse holder was a little rusty so i went at it with some sand paper and boom it came back on. It looks like i might have to use a Monitor Degaussing coil because of the colors are screwy, when i move the cabinet around the screwy colors move too.

Thanks for your guy's advice.  Grin
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2013, 09:14:54 am »

Both of you were right! I just brought it back to life last night. I checked the power and found that a fuse was bad so i changed all the fuses just to be on the safe side and still wouldn't turn on. When i took out the fuses out i saw that the fuse holder was a little rusty so i went at it with some sand paper and boom it came back on. It looks like i might have to use a Monitor Degaussing coil because of the colors are screwy, when i move the cabinet around the screwy colors move too.

Thanks for your guy's advice.  Grin

Oh, man, that's great!! The simple stuff is always the most obvious and often overlooked. Glad you got it fixed!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: