John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
March 28, 2024, 08:35:29 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New to the hobby looking for VS. games  (Read 2643 times)
Tronn1982

View Profile
« on: March 28, 2016, 09:26:05 am »

Hello everyone, long time John's arcade viewer so I decided to join to forums. I am new to the hobby trying to do my first 2 restores (Upright Sinistar and VS. Unisystem w/ Hogan's alley) and I want to expand the list of games I have since the game options was a big reason I bought a VS. cab but I honestly have a hell of a time finding them where they aren't going for a huge amount of money (ebay) or snatched up within hours of them being posted for sale (klov) anyone have any recommendations where I can find some games for sale, I cant even get Mario ffs .

Thanks!
Bravebluerx

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2016, 04:25:42 pm »

Hi,

Welcome and congrats on your VS system.  I picked up a VS system a few weeks backs, best advice is to watch john arcade's videos on burning eproms and google the vs. mame files.  You can pickup a windows based eprom burner on amazon for $55 (Signstek usb eprom), and an eprom uv light eraser for another $20, and writable eproms (eBay) M2764A.  This type of setup is a good investment for the time being until a new flash cart system (universus) is available.  The KLOV forums have folks now selling the vs PPU chips.  Some vs. game files have been modified to use other PPU chips so you have some flexibility on running different games with different PPU chips, these modified game files  can be found by searching the KLOV forums.

Tronn1982

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2016, 01:22:46 pm »

Thanks for the info, especially listing the model numbers I'm going to look into that for sure, that seems like a good way to expand my library at least for the games that use the 1 PPU I have
DeLuSioNaL29

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2016, 01:27:17 am »

Get the MultiVS Lite from highscoresaves.com  8 games in 1 and you can easily burn different games if you get tired of them.  No rom swapping... Just DIP switches.  Easy Peasy.

https://www.highscoresaves.com/nintendo-multivs-lite-multigame-kit.html
Tronn1982

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2016, 09:46:59 am »

Get the MultiVS Lite from highscoresaves.com  8 games in 1 and you can easily burn different games if you get tired of them.  No rom swapping... Just DIP switches.  Easy Peasy.

https://www.highscoresaves.com/nintendo-multivs-lite-multigame-kit.html

Thanks ill check this out!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: