John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
April 29, 2024, 02:25:41 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cocktail table help ?  (Read 1743 times)
rcrich

View Profile
« on: February 09, 2016, 09:22:34 pm »

Hey guys need some help!
I have come across an old dynamo cocktail table that has track installed and a golf game. Everything works well but I hate golf! I was thinking of putting in a 60 in one jamma board but was wondering who you guys purchase them from. Second thing is what joysticks would you install? 4 way or eight way control?
Also can I get a new wiring harness for the joysticks? Sorry I'm new to all of this stuff. Any and all help would be great! Grin
rcrich

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2016, 09:32:24 pm »

How do I insert a picture?
 Huh?
iankellogg
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2016, 08:52:37 am »

well im sure the wire harness is hacked to bits for it to have the trackballs so just get yourself a new jamma harness and rewire the cabinet.
8 ways are the cheapest and a lot of games use 8 ways, get 8 ways.

https://iankellogg.com
Cap kits, eproms, and more
mrdude

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2016, 08:35:41 pm »

Host the picture somewhere (imgur.com) and then use the
Code:
[img][/img]
tag to put a link to the picture.

Some of the 8-ways have a plate you can rotate to convert it to a 4-way without much of an issue. A cheap JAMMA harness is about $8 at New Holland computers or eBay. Chances are you'll need to modify the control panel or make a new piece. When track get put in, the control panel usually ends up with a giant hole. But I'm not familiar with the Dynamo cocktail table so I could be wrong.
Furniture_Nerd

1985 was... HOW long ago?!? Yeesh.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2016, 11:17:37 pm »

x2 on Holland Computers. Good service and timely shipping although they might not always be the cheapest. I've ordered joysticks and parts from Ultimarc, and Andy is very speedy especially considering he is located across 'the pond'. I've gotten sticks from Groovy Game Gear and they are adequate but have a lot more slop in them than an authentic stick. My latest sticks are Seimitsu that I purchased from Focus Attack and I really like them. The shafts were a little short for my wood control panel, but my Galaga-and-MsPac-loving neighbors think they are the best sticks I've gotten so far.
I think you would be happy with the 60-in-1 board. Lots of great games and no they aren't 100% true to original, but only the uber-geeks like us will ever know the difference. Everyone else will think it's cool as hell.  I've had the 60-in-1 in my space invaders replica for a couple of years and everyone has enjoyed it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes, I am nerdy about furniture...and a lot of other things. But mostly furniture. And a lot of other things.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: