John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
April 19, 2024, 09:40:29 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: Stay away from
Bad 313 Side art - 1 (100%)
Bad sideart - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 1

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bad 313 arcade and art beware  (Read 4130 times)
Meanstreak05

View Profile
« on: February 09, 2016, 01:57:45 pm »

Hi everyone I just want to warn people about this company. I do not like to bash people but I took a chance on 313 arcade and art for there ms pacman art work. I purchased a side art with the kick panel , control panel over lay, and glass bezel. Let's start with what I have done bought a ms pac the person before me painted over the original ms pac art work so I could not save that or I would of.  So I sanded it painted it with Valspar paint from Home Depot. I told this person I ordered from the same thing before I ordered it what I have done they said yea it will stick so I took a chance and ordered it. The side art I go to put it on and it does not stick I message the person they said to put  spray adhesive on it I tried that I didn't think I should of need to do this if it was good sideart it started to look like crap so I ripped it off and  threw it away now I have to strip and redo everything again The other side where the yellow and pink ribbon come around the graphics did not come to a nice point he didn't clean his image up The glass bezel you had to cut the middle of where the  Picture is. The control panel overlay is way to big where player 1 and 2 button go is a inch and a half off from where it should be I am in  process with eBay to get my money back so far I got 37.00 that's for the glass bezel I will never purchase from them again I also now see on kolv there is people having the same issue with them also so I will buy from well known people from now on sorry so long just want to warn people
Worm2

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2016, 11:14:54 pm »

Really frustrating! Sorry to hear, wish there was something more I could do. I see their price is REALLY cheap for side art. On mine there was a a very thin clear plastic that I had to remove to get into the 3M adhesive back. I personally don't feel that spray glue(Super77) will go on 100% smooth. I would be a little upset, I totally feel your pain. Some of these graphics are just hard to get and the quality of some reproductions are not he best. You would think at the current time with all the available of different types of vinyl. It would be easier to get our hands on stuff that is much closer to NOS in thickness and quality.
darkcat1

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2016, 02:08:52 pm »

this is why I wouldn't ever buy art off of ebay.  Some of them even use the water soluble type of inkjet ink.  So if you ever get this stuff wet it will smear instantly and forever.  It's easier to hunt down sites like This old game, phoenix arcade, game overlays, ETC. that use better quality materials
Meanstreak05

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2016, 03:08:58 pm »

I have all my money back from this nightmare and took all day and restriped the cabinet again and  I placed a order with Phoenix arcades. My order should be in Tuesday I have pictures of the crapy art work before I took it off but I do not know how to post pictures on here. Phoenix has been very helpful to me  answering all my questions. I will never buy art work with out  checking out them on kolv or on here to see if they have bad reviews. Also the guy was mad I  warned  People about his crappy work on kolv and here but I don't care I don't want people to make the same  mistake  I did outing good money in redoing these arcades and getting junky side art.
313 Arcade

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2016, 11:52:11 am »

I'm mike from 313 arcade. A huge fan and subscriber of johns arcade on YouTube.  This guy was a real jerk(meanstreak). He didn't listen to my advice prior to the sale. I tried to help but he didn't listen. So I gave him a FULL REFUND! only to then go online to trash talk me. If you really want to hear REAL feedback on my stuff, read my eBay feedback. User mcc_313 on ebay.  If anyone one is unhappy with my art, I will give a refund. I offer good quality art and great prices.  313 arcade
313 Arcade

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2016, 12:12:57 pm »

Here is the most recent feedback.

Smiley
Meanstreak05

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2016, 04:34:55 pm »

Then why did I have such a problem with your junky sideart when I did the same procedure with Phoenix arcades. His went right on no problem and stuck to my cabinet with out the spray adhesive like You had suggested with yours cause yours would not stick and looked like shit afterwords and had to start all over again. I don't care what your reviews say I won't ever buy from you again or sideart off eBay and I am hoping it saves  someone ease from doing the same mistake I have and have to redo the all hard work and money they put into their arcades spend the little extra money and buy sideart from a well known trusted person like Phoenix arcade and read about the person or Business on the  forms so call me a jurk I don't really care mike
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: