John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
April 28, 2024, 09:13:44 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Nintendo Cab - Restore  (Read 1634 times)
DrEric
« on: January 26, 2016, 04:50:17 pm »

Hey everybody! New timer... I've been in the EM space for a while, but have moved into restoring classic cabs. Learning about the monitor setups and John's Arcade is a great resource.

I'm looking at this cab and it is set up for horizontal. Picked this one up on the cheap and the monitor is working; except has a vertical scroll issue (bad cap). I have several questions. I see the brackets where this used to be a vertical and I assume it will switch back to that vertical with the existing hardware or I can pick up hardware to support the rotation swap.

1) I know this is a Sanyo, as it says it on the label, BUT the label doesn't say it is a 20EZ - it has a number on the label CCA7488. Can you help me confirm this is a 20EZ? I am planning on recapping it. So where do I look to see the model, as that label is not even close. The rest of the labels are in Japanese, I think

2) How do I make changes to the monitor to read vertical vs horizontal? The setup is currently a Jamma/ Jamma PCB (game = Cadash). Post board swap and probably replacing the jamma harness (there was too much jerry rigging on the one that's in there) Is there a setting on the monitor to swap the H to V?

Thanks All!

« Last Edit: January 26, 2016, 04:53:52 pm by DrEric » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: