John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
April 28, 2024, 04:53:45 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: namco ms pac-man galaga  (Read 1764 times)
mnegr454

View Profile
« on: January 23, 2016, 07:14:56 pm »

I just got a new game  namco ms pac-man galaga. I'm getting no glow from the back of the monitor and its black in the front , also a hissing noise from there.  Does the board look compleate.

John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2016, 08:23:49 pm »

Monitor is making a hissing noise? Bad flyback? Is the game playing blind?
mnegr454

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2016, 08:35:05 pm »

Is the game playing blind? I think so because when I turned it on I hear the music of the start up. Yes, it's making a hissing noise, I think its the monitor or in that area.  Are these the symtoms of a bad flyback? There is nothing on screen. Will do some research on flybacks.
mnegr454

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2016, 08:36:12 pm »

Hey, got the game working but the picture is upside down.  I think some wires are not in the right place.  One set of wires near the fly back are red and blue. Then there is a set that are green and yellow on the other side. Any ideas which could be wrong?  Also the fire button wont work.  Replaced the flyback and two caps.
lordkahless214

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2016, 01:16:56 am »

You need to flip the yoke wires to correct the image, this video by Buffett explains how https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WP3ll7nlEEE

as for the button not working, check the wires under the control panel, make sure they are both connected, if they are try swapping it with one of the player 2 start buttons and see if that works, if it does you may only need a new button, the fire button going bad seems common on the reunion cabinets
« Last Edit: February 01, 2016, 01:18:37 am by lordkahless214 » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: