John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
April 28, 2024, 06:28:45 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Neo Geo MVS 4 lighting  (Read 1629 times)
Slutty

View Profile
« on: July 18, 2013, 09:48:44 am »

If there are any wiring gurus here I could really use some help. I recently bought a neo geo mvs 4 slot and have been restoring it. It's almost done completely but I still have an issue. As most of you probably know the neo geos had those weird light panels that would go out pretty regularly. As have mine. However I want to put a fluorescent bulb in for the marquee instead. I already have the bulb and the fixture but I have very ignorant when it comes to wiring this thing up so that it powers on when the cab does. These neo geos are just so different than everything else I have worked on. Any help would be very appreciated. Also I can provide pictures if needed.  Thanks
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2013, 11:41:46 am »

If there are any wiring gurus here I could really use some help. I recently bought a neo geo mvs 4 slot and have been restoring it. It's almost done completely but I still have an issue. As most of you probably know the neo geos had those weird light panels that would go out pretty regularly. As have mine. However I want to put a fluorescent bulb in for the marquee instead. I already have the bulb and the fixture but I have very ignorant when it comes to wiring this thing up so that it powers on when the cab does. These neo geos are just so different than everything else I have worked on. Any help would be very appreciated. Also I can provide pictures if needed.  Thanks

You can wire it to the monitor's power wire. It's the black and white wire going to the monitor.

Or.... just wait and get the LED replacement that's coming out:

http://www.evilemuofdoom.com/mv-eeod-led-kit
franchy36

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2013, 09:21:57 am »

I did that, and it did NOT work, the isolation transformer did not like it and it tripped my circuit breakers, I ended connecting it to the power supply main AC.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: