John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
April 19, 2024, 08:51:21 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Nintendo Playchoice-10 Ricoh RP5H01 programmer - Interest check  (Read 4169 times)
math

View Profile
« on: January 03, 2016, 08:43:15 am »

Hi all,

I have received a lot of questions if I would sell my RP5H01 programmer. One of the reasons why I did not start selling it directly was, the programmer was still a prototype, which was built of 3 different boards. Right now, I have a working prototype with all components on 1 board. 
I have etched the current prototype board at home. Since I am not able to etch a SSOP package (very small IC package), the FTDI FT232RL chip is still in a SSOP to DIP converter. Currently I have a board design ready, which I can be printed by a professional PCB printing factory, so no more converters needed.
I have also spent some time to improve the software of the reader and programmer. I have removed a lot of bugs and it does not freeze anymore if you are reading or programming a chip.

The Ricoh RP5H01 is a 64+8 bit PROM which is used in Nintendo PlayChoice-10 and SuperSystem games as a security chip.

Specifications of the programmer board
-   Reading and programming of Ricoh RP5H01 chips
-   USB bus powered
-   Small board design (5x5 cm)
-   Programmer is using a FTDI FT232RL USB controller, makes it future proof
-   USB bus powered
-   Saving and opening files using the MAME Ricoh RP5H01 dump format
-   No external 21v VPP power source needed, DC-DC booster on board
-   Software is tested on Windows 7 and 8, 32 and 64bit versions

The software will only accept the known dumps from the exiting PlayChoice-10 and SuperSystem games. The games Ninja Gaiden 3, Virus, Bases Loaded will not be accepted by the software. I have set this limitation to avoid a mass reproduction of rare and prototype games. If you need to have other dumps allowed by the software, feel free to contact me.

Printscreen of the programmer software:

This is currently an interest check, if I can find 5+ people who are committed to buy one, I will start the production of the boards. The boards will be priced €200 shipped including 5 empty RP5H01 chips. If you are interested, feel free to send me a PM.

First 3 submitted buyers will receive a board with a DIP-8 ZIF socket (like on the picture), other buyers wil receive a normal DIP-8 socket. (sorry, my source is out of stock)

If you are only interested in reading or testing your Ricoh RP5H01 chips, I have made a free reader application. Please check my website www.syf.nl for more information.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: