John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
March 29, 2024, 12:49:10 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Space station pinball  (Read 3223 times)
ownd225

View Profile
« on: December 06, 2015, 07:48:38 pm »

Hello, I have a Space Station pinball machine and need a little help. On the power supply board there is a fuse (f3) that keeps blowing for some reason, I have replaced the fuse multiple times and still the same thing. Could anyone tell me why this is?  

-thanks
« Last Edit: December 06, 2015, 07:55:01 pm by ownd225 » Logged
KennyL

I'm just an average guy, I guess.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2015, 05:42:57 am »

Well, whenever you're blowing a fuse the best thing to check first is that all the fuses are correct.  VERY frequently fuses are replaced with incorrect values.  Go by the game's manual or ask on the Pinside forums.  Lots of information is documented there.  https://pinside.com/pinball/forum

If the fuse is the correct value and the fuse holder seems to be solid and not causing the issue, that's probably a sign there's some sort of short.  Given the short is still there and the fuse/holder isn't the problem, the fuse will keep blowing.  You will have to track down whatever is causing the short.  This could be a multitude of things.  Which board is the fuse on?  It appears more than one of the boards can have a fuse F3.  If you're unsure of anything, fall back to Pinside.  There are lots of helpful people there who can guide you along.

Kenny L.
As an f.y.i. there is more than corn in Indiana...there's soybeans, ha.
Mini NeoGeo machine thread, inspired by Ben Heck:
http://www.johnsarcade.com/forum/index.php?topic=2640.0
ownd225

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2015, 09:57:05 pm »

Thanks for the info. Kenny, I'll give pinside a try. Also I have the operations manual and I'm willing to take pics if that helps out.
Oh, and I looked at the voltage and amperage the fuse uses, and I bought and replaced the bad fuse with the correct one
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: