John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
April 30, 2024, 05:00:20 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hello from Texas  (Read 1337 times)
AlienInferno

View Profile
« on: November 29, 2015, 02:28:06 am »

Hi everyone,

My name's Justin, I'm currently 34, and I live in the Dallas / Ft. Worth area.  I'm still super new to all of this but learning everyday.  I remember as a kid going to birthday parties at the Aladdin's Castle arcade in the local mall where I grew up.  I've always wanted to have my own arcade.  I rekindled that flame when I found out about Mame and that people build cabinets for it.  I had to build one.  Themed it after Battletoads.  Shortly after that is when the real collecting bug bit. I picked up a 1976 Bally Freedom EM pinball off Craigslist and found a guy in Austin with a free Atari STUN Runner (had board issues).  Go forward a year from there and I picked up a 1961 United "Playboy" Shuffle-Targette game at an auction and just recently I picked up a Atari Blasteroids and a Atari System 1 cabinet running Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom. 

I don't have room for any of it.  LOL.  I'm planning on building a garage/man-cave combo building to house the collection, as well as a pool table and a bar.  Currently I am in the middle of building a new house and found out I have a on the way so that building is going to get pushed back a few years but it's all good.
ChezArcade

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2016, 02:47:05 pm »

What's up! I, too, am from Texas. DFW area as well!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: