John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
April 27, 2024, 11:47:15 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bought a Sheriff Nintendo cocktail game and need advise  (Read 2206 times)
Chevman9677

View Profile
« on: November 16, 2015, 02:00:50 pm »

So i am not a guy really with any knowledge of arcade games at all. I was at a car parts auction (which is what im into, but thought it would be a fun addition to the garage) this weekend and part of the auction was this neat looking small table video game thing. Through the power of google i have come to conclusion that its the white top Sheriff "cocktail" console. It does have an issue where when you plug it in it flashes a white lite and does nothing else. The unit looks in nice shape for its age. on the side of the unit it says the model # is TWG-US and the serial no is 00029. I am curious on a few things now after what has come up with the information on this.

First, how do i locate someone that can look at this unit and see what it is needing to get operating

Second, what ballpark is something of this nature valued you ... ??

This may not end up out in the shop after all ....
iankellogg
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2015, 09:25:08 am »

Take a picture of it and post it here! its somewhat rare, but only diehard nintendo collectors are interested in the game. I am not really sure on the value of it, they really don't show up often. you might be able to get better than $500 for it but don't hold me to the flame on that

It sounds like the monitor has vertical collapse. There are a couple of parts that can cause this to happen but the most common one is a capacitor. If you have a soldering iron and a solder sucker you could fix this monitor yourself for about $10

if you had to find someone local it could be as much as $50-100 to have them fix it. We could all walk you through fixing this if you are interested.

https://iankellogg.com
Cap kits, eproms, and more
yocke

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2015, 07:27:03 am »

Sweet, any pics?

It totally depends on quality and demand in the area you are in and are close to u...
I would love to buy a Sheriff, but I know that the shipping will kill my wish!!

About the flash, I think Ian is on the right way to solve your problem..
Start out with a cap kit,  ;)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: