John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
April 29, 2024, 10:56:40 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Standard Arcade Cabinet Molex Pinouts  (Read 1502 times)
Jdurg

View Profile
« on: November 10, 2015, 10:57:06 pm »

Okay, I'm going to ask a kind of odd question, but one that I have not been able to find an answer to.  I'm in the process of custom building my own Dynamo HS-5 cabinet to house the CPS-1 board "Street Fighter 2 Champion Edition".  With the space available in my house, I can't just buy a cabinet and have it delivered as it would be too wide to get through the doorways.  So I'm going to use the Dynamo HS-5 cabinet dimensions/build in order to create a copy that can be disassembled and reassembled.  Therefore, I need to build EVERYTHING from scratch.

For practice and fun/insanity, i picked up the parts needed to create my own standard Jamma connector.  However, one thing I do NOT have are full cabinet wiring harnesses and connections.  Therefore, I was wondering if anybody had any standard setup for jamma-to-power-supply molex connections, jamma-to-coin-door molex connection, jamma-to-monitor molex connection, etc.  This way, when I get the cabinet assembled, I will already have the molex connections ready for plug and play. 

I just can't seem to find what the pin-outs would be for the various connections so that I can get the wiring all set ahead of time.  ANY help would be greatly appreciated!
iankellogg
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2015, 08:52:44 am »

Use 0.093 or 0.062 molex connectors, those two are the most common.

https://iankellogg.com
Cap kits, eproms, and more
Jdurg

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2015, 10:24:29 am »

Thanks!  Yeah, I realized that the connections to the coin door and control panel really aren't that crucial since I'm also building those myself.  It's just the monitor and power supply connections that I need to focus on, but I also now realize that I can just wait until I get those components in my possession before I go and put those connectors together.  Looking forward to a massive amount of parts i recently ordered to come in.  I'll be sure i photograph the process.  Many thanks.
Binkman85

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2015, 07:06:21 pm »

Good luck to you.  I look forward to seeing your progress.
Jdurg

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2015, 07:15:09 pm »

Thanks.  It is going to be a very slow process as I'm literally starting from next to nothing.  (Have a SuzoHapp over/under coin door I picked up countless years ago on e-bay for $10.  It just needed to be hammered straight, repainted, and have some parts replaced, but thus far it's served as a nice piggy bank for me.  Lol.

Where I'm most concerned, and at the moment frustrated, however, is in trying to find detailed measurements of a Dynamo HS-5 cabinet.  Measurements of each piece, where the holes drilled in them are, etc.  As the doorways and hallways in my house are just too small to fit an HS-5 through, so I plan to take detailed measurements of a Dynamo Cab and modify them to include use of metal brackets and bolts so that the entire cab could be taken down piece by piece if needed.  (This method would also allow me to pass the measurements off to a woodcrafting company who could cut and prep everything to my specifications and ship the pieces to me.  Simple act of placing bolts where needed, countersinking them, and fiberglass reinforced bondo them smooth.  A coat of primer over all parts, and then apply laminate and all the pieces will be done).

It's just the measurements of the pieces, and especially detailed measurements for the internal parts, that may take me a very long time to find.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: