John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
April 29, 2024, 01:02:08 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Red Tent Troubles  (Read 2166 times)
TSORBER66

View Profile
« on: June 16, 2013, 10:33:36 am »

Good Morning and Happy Fathers Day everyone.

I am having some issues with my Red Tent and I need some help / advice. First off both monitors have really bad burn in. Secondly something started smoking and popping on the monitor neck the other day. I've since unplugged that monitor from the power supply.

My questions are since this game is old and monitors are impossible to find. I want to put in new flat screen arcade monitors. I've seen all kinds of issues regarding this from the 100V power supply to color inverter boards. So has anyone done this before? I love this game, especially since it has my all time favorite Castlevania on it. I want to upgrade it and be able to keep using it for the next 20 years.

Any and all advice is welcome.

Thanks,
Tom
Joe3693

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2013, 06:01:36 pm »

I luckly havent has a monitor problem yet. From what i gather some people are getting the inverter board from mikesarcade, and putting the 17 inch crt 8 liner monitors in them. You loose an inch, but its the closest you will find. And you can get them in 100v version i believe.
Im sure lcd is another option, most people just dont like them. I personally wouldnt put 1 in, because the gun games wont work then.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2013, 07:30:52 pm by Joe3693 » Logged
buffett

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2013, 02:40:12 am »

anything in a red tent but an original monitor is not an upgrade.

find a local collector that can help you fix your issues.

if it is a sanyo i can fix it.

visit my site thearcadebuffett.com.
visit my youtube channel to see what i do. http://www.youtube.com/user/buffett1978

Peace
Buffett

Come to MAGfest and game in the 24-7 arcade for 4 days. www.magfest.org And see my collection of 90+ Arcades and growing.
Need your (K7000, 4900, std/med res 13"-25") or Sanyo fixed!!!! pm me.
Visit my website. The Arcade Buffett For Monitor and PCB repairs.
Fully rebuilt chassis ready to ship.
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2013, 09:11:29 am »

Good Morning and Happy Fathers Day everyone.

I am having some issues with my Red Tent and I need some help / advice. First off both monitors have really bad burn in. Secondly something started smoking and popping on the monitor neck the other day. I've since unplugged that monitor from the power supply.

My questions are since this game is old and monitors are impossible to find. I want to put in new flat screen arcade monitors. I've seen all kinds of issues regarding this from the 100V power supply to color inverter boards. So has anyone done this before? I love this game, especially since it has my all time favorite Castlevania on it. I want to upgrade it and be able to keep using it for the next 20 years.

Any and all advice is welcome.

Thanks,
Tom

I wouldn't put LCDs in there, but that's just me. I'd look into getting them repaired. Is the burn really bad?
TSORBER66

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2013, 08:57:04 am »

The burn in is pretty bad, when playing SMB or Castlevania you can see the RBI Baseball burn. I'd love to keep this original and restore this game. But I'm having a heck of a time finding these 18" monitors. Any ideas?
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2013, 11:25:41 am »

The burn in is pretty bad, when playing SMB or Castlevania you can see the RBI Baseball burn. I'd love to keep this original and restore this game. But I'm having a heck of a time finding these 18" monitors. Any ideas?

They are really hard to find. You just have to keep looking. That's all I can suggest! I would try and make some posts at KLOV.com in the Wanted to Buy forums.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: