John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
April 28, 2024, 02:33:45 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hi from Melbourne, Australia  (Read 1473 times)
Pelly22

View Profile
« on: October 26, 2015, 09:09:25 pm »

Hi there.

Lately I have been getting into a bunch of the Nintendo stuff. I bought a few Unisystem boards off KLOV members recently and am also looking to do a scratch build of an R-Type cabinet soon. Unfortunately we were not so lucky in Australia and none of the Nintendo cabs were ever imported here back in the day and local companies just built generic cabs to stick the boards in. After importing an original DK cab a few years back I have caught the bug and want more Smiley

Anyway, because of John's love of Nintendo cabs I have watched a few videos and thought this would be a good forum to join Cheesy

Thanks
BloodyCactus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2015, 08:01:54 am »

hey! I dont remember seeing any original nintendo cabs when I was growing up in melbourne either.  heck i dont really remember playing nintendo games. I remember the playchoice10 dual monitor cab and thats about it.

--/\-[ A Pin Guy ]-/\--
Pelly22

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2015, 06:36:10 pm »

Yeah, there was basically no original stuff here really. The stuff that did look kinda original was built by Leisure and Allied Industries (LAI) here. The only original stuff that made it here was imported directly from Japan. Nothing from the states.
CAPSBOY

Gday mates

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2015, 06:49:05 am »

Gday mate .. I'm from Melbourne too

Just a bloke from Australia that loving the old arcade games.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: