John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
April 29, 2024, 03:23:25 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Golden Tee 2002 - Dead Board  (Read 1656 times)
kingdbag

View Profile
« on: October 04, 2015, 05:05:22 pm »

Hey guys,

I have a Golden Tee 2002 board that gets stuck right after it detects a hard drive and won't do anything else. Anyone have an experience with GT machines and might know what to look at? It has to be board related because I bought a 2005 board on ebay and it works perfectly. Plus I've already checked voltages, etc. I also know it isn't a bad boot EPROM because I'm using the EPROM in my 2005 board. That doesn't mean that socket isn't bad though... any pointers would be much appreciated. It would be sweet to get the old board working.

Below is all that it shows and just sits there it doesn't reboot or anything.

Code:
Detecting IDE hard drive...
Hard drive detected

iankellogg
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2015, 07:40:51 am »

I wish I could help on this one. I don't have a clue where to go with it.

You've already used the hard drive with another board?

https://iankellogg.com
Cap kits, eproms, and more
kingdbag

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2015, 06:37:01 pm »

Short answer... I don't have another 2002 board to try the HD on. I tried using the 2002 HD and 2002 security chip on my 2005 board and it is complaining of a software mismatch (even though when it loads it shows the sec chip=HD version). I'm guessing there is something else updated on the board showing it as a 2005 instead of 2002, so it won't load the old HD even though I have the matching security chip.

This is my first ever cabinet so I'm really new at all this, but the board honestly is in great shape... not sure what the heck could be wrong with it. I don't see any cold solder points or bad traces, etc...

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: