John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
April 28, 2024, 11:29:29 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Konami arcade problem  (Read 2484 times)
mountaindew

View Profile
« on: June 12, 2013, 04:50:28 pm »

I have a 2006 Konami 13 game arcade and when I power it on it says signal cable disconnected.What does this mean and can I fix it
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2013, 10:37:17 am »

I have a 2006 Konami 13 game arcade and when I power it on it says signal cable disconnected.What does this mean and can I fix it

Well, the obvious thing to do would be to open it up and see if the signal cable is disconnected. Smiley Seriously, open it up and see if anything came loose. I would go through all the connections and reseat everything.
mountaindew

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2013, 12:32:27 pm »

I never worked on these before.What does the signal cable look like.It seams like everything I checked was connected.
ArcadeJunkie2099

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2013, 07:23:40 am »

O_o

Signal cable usually refers to the monitor. Check that before anything else.  But like John said, check and reseat all the connectors to the PCB... Make sure the power is unplugged...
arcade renaissance

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2013, 07:53:55 pm »

After checking the signal cable with power off, the next thing I would suggest is checking the power supply. You need to make sure the CPU is getting the proper power.

I had a CART fury by midway that always started slowly in the morning... Monitor displayed "No signal in" for about an hour, then the game would start. Turned out the power supply didn't fire up right away... took awhile to get warmed up. Make sure when you turn on your power supply it is putting out the proper voltages.
Mr_Rampage

Arcade/Coin Op Inventor

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2013, 12:50:30 am »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=reRgbVrt8JA

^ On how to test voltages it, do not assume the voltages to be the same. It's a little bit in but the whole thing is worth watching anyways.

True restoration is an art form. Like any good artist you have to know what your doing. Painting a single line on a canvas and calling it a masterpiece does not fly in restoring a arcade machine. Do it right
arcade renaissance

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2013, 10:25:01 pm »

If the cpu board is getting proper power, and the monitor is properly connected, I suspect the cpu board is non-functional.

If the monitor were down it would probably not be able to display 'no signal'

If possible, test the monitor with a known good working board, and test the non-working board in a good-working machine.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: