John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
April 29, 2024, 02:19:19 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 20EZ Flipped Image Issue  (Read 3588 times)
ChanceKJ

Calgary, Alberta.

View Profile
« on: September 10, 2015, 03:59:56 am »

Having a small issue on my 20EZ. Its picture is upside down. Im connecting an ArcadeSD to a Sanyo inverter board then to a recapped 20EZ. Oddly since i did my cap kit, its been upside down. First i thought it was the yoke wires, but i haven't changed them. Here's a timeline of events:

When I originally bought the monitor it was setup with a Vs Unisystem in a horizontal orientation.

It had issues, wavy picture, folded image.

https://youtu.be/uIBekGYTLvc

I removed the monitor, washed it, let it dry for a week as i waited for my cap kit to come in the mail.

Then marked all the connectors with Sharpie marker to ensure everything would be plugged back in after the cap kit. I replaced all the caps, Filter cap, and set the B+

Once i was done i decided to plug into my ArcadeSD and check how well the cap kit went, (knowing full well the colour would be inverted). Oddly enough the image was now upside down.

I figured it was an issue with not having the inverter (ignorantly thinking the image as well as the colour would be fixed by adding the board).

So, i've received the board, and of course, the image is still upside down.

I'm 100% certain i didn't mix up my yoke wires, or touch the yoke in any way. The yoke wires only go on one way as the plug is offset on the one pin.

Why is it doing this? I triple checked all my caps, could there be something in the cap kit i've missed that caused this? whats the best option to rotate the picture? will i really need to cut the yoke wire? Is there way to do this without modifying that plug? Does anyone have pictures to show me the orientation of the wires if i do modify the yoke plug?

« Last Edit: September 10, 2015, 04:01:33 am by ChanceKJ » Logged

arcadefan1985

Williams Collector

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2015, 05:14:12 am »

Monitor should be fine. Is there a setting on the board set to flip monitor? There is on the 60-1 boards.
Just a thought.

ChanceKJ

Calgary, Alberta.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2015, 09:52:33 am »

Thought about that, it's in vertical "upright" mode, so this should be the orientation setting. I'll test with another Jamma board next.

arcadefan1985

Williams Collector

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2015, 10:57:51 am »

Btw, monitor looks nice!

ChanceKJ

Calgary, Alberta.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2015, 08:53:47 pm »

Thanks!

Interesting development. So this is definitely an "issue" with the ArcadeSD.  As in yes, it lacks the ability to flip the image, and it looks like on the 20EZ's we need to either rotate the monitor or flip the yoke wires.

I tested it by putting in another game and checking the orientation.  This is kinda lame. I really wish this was an option on the ArcadeSD. kinda a bit of a fail here.

Anyone have good instructions for flipping the 20EZ via the yoke wires? I've read about a few people botching it. I just wanna be sure i'm switching the right colours.

arcadefan1985

Williams Collector

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2015, 09:15:04 pm »

Not 100% sure but I think you just need to flip the first 2 (red wire side)
I believe the other two reverses the image.

ChanceKJ

Calgary, Alberta.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2015, 09:29:28 pm »

Yeah,Thanks Smiley but this is my only crack at this and I'm going to need more confidence then that. Smiley

ChanceKJ

Calgary, Alberta.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2015, 10:27:13 pm »

BOOM! Fixed. Cheesy

arcadefan1985

Williams Collector

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2015, 07:06:20 am »

That's great, i didn't have time to post but I've flipped these wires on every pin and not hurt the monitors.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: