John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
April 20, 2024, 10:56:07 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Donkey Kong Cab  (Read 1686 times)
AaronTruitt

View Profile
« on: September 03, 2015, 05:04:54 pm »

Hey Guys!

So I'm doing some restoration work on my cabinet and had a couple of questions.

First off, I need a new lock for the coin door. Does anyone know where I can find a lock that fits my coin door?

Also, I had to adjust my monitor quite a bit to get the game to show the entire field of play. It is far narrower than many other DK screens I have seen. Would a cap kit fix this issue? My screen seems very squished, but if I widen it at all it gets cut off especially on the right side.

Thanks for all your help!

- Aaron
lacerta1974

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2015, 11:58:52 pm »

You can pick up locks at places like twisted .com or even at a place like Home Depot or Lowes.  It would probably be a good idea to cap the monitor.  I'm no expert on monitors though so someone else will probably chime in.  Ian Kellog on here does a fantastic job with the cap kits he sells plus he has other parts for the monitor.  You can find all the common parts he sells for that monitor here.

https://iankellogg.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=1_4&zenid=c997mqbkq1mme56l7b6pmmisi1
AaronTruitt

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2015, 02:05:13 am »

Thanks for weighing in! I did find a lock that worked very well at home depot. 7/8" was the size that I needed and it fit like a glove! I'm playing in the Open next week, so I'm going to wait until after that to cap my monitor, but I am going to order the kit from Ian. Thanks again!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: