John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
April 19, 2024, 10:26:56 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 1988 Atari hard driving for $100.00 and some hard labour is it worth it?  (Read 1177 times)
David P

View Profile
« on: August 17, 2015, 09:01:06 pm »

1988 Atari hard driving for $100.00 and some hard labour is it worth it?
Hi so I posted something about this before and some of you said its a good game but I want more input. Here is the scenario I found a 1988 Hard driving deluxe cabinet its upstairs in a guys garage all working except the force feedback steering wheel. The guy said that was working fine up until a month ago so he does not think its the motors but does not know enough about it or have time to look into it. For all I know it might even be a fuse.
The machine is on the second floor of his garage but he had a power lift put it up there when he was building the garage now he needs guys to carry it out of there down some stairs and through a door that has an angle it will be a tight fit. He also told me this machine weighs in at about 700 pounds uggg how many guys will I need 4 or 5 or 6 guys maybe? sounds heavy!!!!!!!!!

Bottom line boys I want your honest opinions is this game one historically significant enough being the first three dimensional driving simulator (at least that's what Atari claimed?) to try and get my hands on it.

Maybe partially disassemble it to remove it> is that possible? get a bunch of guys for the day and pay them for help? is all the trouble worth paying $100.00 to get this thing and risk a day from hell trying to get it down the stairs and out without causing damage? or is the game just an OK game but not worth the trouble and a walk away from it???

Please I want your honest opinions and any more info any of you may have on this game is it considered rare?

Thank You
David P
« Last Edit: August 17, 2015, 09:29:06 pm by David P » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: