John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
April 29, 2024, 03:26:38 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Which game is harder, Defender or Stargate?  (Read 3501 times)
Coffee

View Profile
« on: April 27, 2013, 10:44:13 am »

Hi Guys,

I just wanted to get my fellow collector's opinons on this. Which game out of the Defender series is more difficult, Defender or Stargate?

I have been playing them both on a Stargate cab at home and I have always thought Defender was the harder game growing up, but now I'm changing my tune. Stargate just keeps kicking my ass. Still fun as hell though. Nothing like watching a awesome Defender player tear up a game. That is just pure skill.

Thanks for your thoughts!

*Sorry for posting this in the wrong thread! My bad!
« Last Edit: April 27, 2013, 10:52:38 am by Coffee » Logged
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2013, 02:28:06 pm »

I am horrible at both of these game and I think Stargate is harder!
RushDude2112

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2013, 05:51:18 pm »

I am good at both Defender and Stargate myself. Each has its own difficulties to master. Defender, its really hard not to flip the game when you hit that 990,000 mark, cause everything you enemies you kill after 990,000 you get a free guy for each kill. Stargate..The Firebomber Showdowns evrey 10th attack wave is hard for me. I try to make sure i have plenty of inviso for those waves. Its tough to decide which game is more difficult in my opinion. Both games are awesom classic games thats a must for every collector to have
Coffee

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2013, 07:18:11 pm »

Thanks for the feedback guys. John I agree, I think Stargate is the harder game now. Still it's the cabinet in my collection that seems to get the most play from all of my family and friends. They always remark how iconic those sounds are in that game. For me they rank right up there with Robotron.

RushDude, you sound like a awesome player my friend. I agree about the Firebomber Showdowns. Those kick my ass everytime, even with plenty of inviso. Do you use the Hyperspace button much? I never do. Everytime I use it, I'm instantly killed from running into an enemy right when I reappear. So frustrating. Some players I know swear by it though.
RushDude2112

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2013, 08:00:32 pm »

Very rarely i will use the hyperspace button. If i am out of smartbombs and inviso, then yes i will use it and close my eyes and see what happens .
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: