John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
April 28, 2024, 12:18:24 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: So I might not be a pin virgin much longer :P  (Read 3500 times)
Mr_Rampage

Arcade/Coin Op Inventor

View Profile
« on: May 19, 2015, 09:46:25 pm »

lmao I know this post is gonna get some views. *shakes it*

Ok Ok im sorry

Getting serious now, I might of negotiated a for a Atari Airborne Avenger "sorta" working. Apparently the lights come on and cycle its a board issue. I'll figure it out. Someone broke the backglass though like completely smashed it so gonna need to replace that but all and all its 300 bucks and im snatching that up man. NOOOO way im letting that go.

Also going to be calling and haggling for a roadshow tomorrow. Gonna try to haggle down the 2,500 price tag shipped to my door. I wont get it done but im going to try.

Hopefully I can snatch that atari though I WANT THAT to be my first pin

True restoration is an art form. Like any good artist you have to know what your doing. Painting a single line on a canvas and calling it a masterpiece does not fly in restoring a arcade machine. Do it right
Mr_Rampage

Arcade/Coin Op Inventor

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2015, 01:21:15 am »

Well the has been sealed. Went ahead and picked up a replacement backglass for it and its being delivered friday. Gotta admit thats pretty badass.

True restoration is an art form. Like any good artist you have to know what your doing. Painting a single line on a canvas and calling it a masterpiece does not fly in restoring a arcade machine. Do it right
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2015, 08:35:06 am »

Congrats on your first pin! Sounds like a good first pin to tinker with. The Atari pins do not have the best reputation but it should be fun none the less. Good luck! Post photos!
Mr_Rampage

Arcade/Coin Op Inventor

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2015, 11:52:50 am »

photos? ive got a camcorder and no one has done a full on "get your hands dirty" restoration project of this and posted it to youtube. I'll be posting photos too don't worry Smiley

Very anxious to get it in ive been waiting ages for a machine to work on. Also im going to be preserving the backglass art so i can get a replacement made if it ever gets broken again Smiley safety first and all that.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: