John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
April 28, 2024, 05:22:35 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Picked up a new pin last weekend  (Read 2341 times)
Shipwreck

View Profile
« on: May 11, 2015, 04:10:48 pm »

Picked up a 1976 Gottlieb Ship Ahoy from a yard sale. The owner informed me that restored, the game would fetch a $4000.00 price tag. How could I resist such a valuable game? He turned it on and it clicked repeatedly and would not stop. He told me that some pinball guru from South Carolina would be in town and could repair the game. He sold me the game for $275 and took it home. I got it home and looked it over for a bit and figured out that that ball counter was the mech that was constantly actuating. The number of selection was 5 and 3 . The 5 ball position had build up on it, so I cleaned it and turn on the game and it went to 5 and stopped. So the game plays fine now. Some of the lights are not coming on so I need to dive in some more and get those running.

yocke

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2015, 06:44:48 pm »

Sweet EM game! Good price!
BloodyCactus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2015, 08:01:24 am »

4k. even minty fresh straight from the factory youd be lucky to get 400$.

its not a bad em, enjoy it while you have it! classic art style gottlieb backglass.

--/\-[ A Pin Guy ]-/\--
Mr_Rampage

Arcade/Coin Op Inventor

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2015, 12:05:16 am »

yea 4k is obviously a lie, however that does seem to be a remarkably well preserved EM. Then again i didn't look super hard.

Congrats on the pick up. Smiley

True restoration is an art form. Like any good artist you have to know what your doing. Painting a single line on a canvas and calling it a masterpiece does not fly in restoring a arcade machine. Do it right
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: