John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
April 30, 2024, 02:24:10 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Greetings from WA  (Read 1565 times)
rassilon

View Profile
« on: May 06, 2015, 03:05:35 pm »

Just joined after seeing John's video on recapping a Sanyo 20EZ.  Pretty good timing since I just got my hands on my first cabinet -- a old Mario Bros machine.  A coworker of mine used to own it (and it worked then) but now it keeps blowing fuses on the monitor pcb.  So the timing for the video is pretty good and will hopefully help guide me through my first attempt at a cap kit as I try to make the Mario machine functional again.
Shipwreck

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2015, 04:30:49 pm »

Welcome to the forum.
aznridah

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2015, 11:44:00 pm »

I just recapped my 20ez and it was the flyback that was dead. I thought it was the HOT at first, but after removing my old one and testing it, it works fine. You might need a new flyback.
SanTe

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2015, 12:55:29 pm »

Just joined after seeing John's video on recapping a Sanyo 20EZ.  Pretty good timing since I just got my hands on my first cabinet -- a old Mario Bros machine.  A coworker of mine used to own it (and it worked then) but now it keeps blowing fuses on the monitor pcb.  So the timing for the video is pretty good and will hopefully help guide me through my first attempt at a cap kit as I try to make the Mario machine functional again.

Did somebody say Washington state?

http://seattlearcade.org  (Seattle metro collectors group, but it extends to all of WA and B.C.)

http://www.nwpinballshow.com  (NW Pinball & Arcade Show in Tacoma coming up fast)
rassilon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2015, 09:07:56 pm »

Thanks for the info, I'll check out the arcade group.  I'm in Seattle as well.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: