John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
April 29, 2024, 09:01:04 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ms Pacman Cabaret artwork  (Read 4485 times)
StevesArcade

Its NOT impossible!

View Profile
« on: May 06, 2015, 04:52:57 am »

Hey guys does anyone have any experience with this artwork?

http://arcadeartlibrary.com/arcade_art/details.php?image_id=1353&mode=search&sessionid=c4f47fa5a05f725247d5c7ee25b3e06a

I have a Ms. Pacman cabaret that needs new front art bad.  the stuff on there is toast.  any suggestions?  if not arcadeartlibrary.com then is it available anywhere else?
Shipwreck

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2015, 09:00:32 am »

Mine was scratched up a little bit but I decided to just leave it as is and masked over it and had the CP painted. How rough does yours look?

My wife is a photographer and shot this after I picked it up but you can see my graphic on the front.

At my work I design labels and stickers for our machines we make and if I wanted to reproduce that art, I might go with having it printed on vinyl or maybe a clear vinyl. I think the typical polycarbonate most arcade graphics printers use is thicker and might make it look bulky on the front.

P-feif

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2015, 09:47:45 am »

Looks painted/silk screened on? It looks pretty cool with the wear and tear. Why not just clear coat it and keep the scratches?
Shipwreck

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2015, 10:33:43 am »

I didn't clear coat mine. I just left it as it was. His art might be badly damaged and would need to be replaced.
It is silk screened on there but a vinyl graphic might be a good alternative to the silk screening.

This is my Ms Pac after I rebuilt the cabinet since the old one was badly water damaged.

John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2015, 11:11:57 am »

Mine was scratched up a little bit but I decided to just leave it as is and masked over it and had the CP painted. How rough does yours look?

My wife is a photographer and shot this after I picked it up but you can see my graphic on the front.

At my work I design labels and stickers for our machines we make and if I wanted to reproduce that art, I might go with having it printed on vinyl or maybe a clear vinyl. I think the typical polycarbonate most arcade graphics printers use is thicker and might make it look bulky on the front.

That doesn't look too bad! I would leave it alone, personally. That's some decent enough original 80s artwork!
Shipwreck

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2015, 11:25:53 am »

I am not doing anything with mine. I was just showing StevesArcade what I did with mine. He is the one looking to do something with his artwork on the front of his cab.

StevesArcade

Its NOT impossible!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2015, 02:13:55 am »

Ms. Pacman cabaret front by stephenwestbrook@att.net, on Flickr

wish mine looked that nice.... mines pretty rough
Shipwreck

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2015, 09:31:31 am »

The only real rough area is in the middle between Ms Pac and the first ghost. The eyes are a little rough on the first ghost too. You might be able to touch it up with some paints. It is just a matter of how much roughness you are willing to accept on your cab.
P-feif

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2015, 02:35:56 pm »

Still does not look bad. It actually looks pretty cool. You couldn't replicate that look if you wanted too.  ;)
StevesArcade

Its NOT impossible!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2015, 07:00:14 pm »

Yeah just wish it was a little cleaner.  I mean new cpo, and buttons and rebuild the stick might look a little out of place.  Should I mask it off and paint the black?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Shipwreck

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2015, 08:40:49 am »

I say mask it off and paint it black. It will give it some character like it was a well played machine.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: