John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
April 29, 2024, 07:36:14 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hello from Owasso, OK (part 2?)  (Read 2938 times)
jasoomian

View Profile
« on: April 28, 2015, 08:48:09 pm »

Holy Moly - two people from Owasso, OK here?  That is something that I did not think I would see.

Jasoomian from Owasso, OK.  Stumbled across John's videos last year (maybe the year before) through no other method than a single video (an arcade tour) showed up in my recommended videos to watch.  Been a happy watcher, subscriber and, very recently, a collector as well.  My current claim to shame is admittedly watching the Journey restore twice in it's entirety.  A few episodes thrice as I searched for the video that had the MCR cables from Twisty Wrist (I could not remember where John got them) I wanted to use on my Tron.

Purchased my first cab, a really nice GORF last year.  Quickly followed by a busted up but working Super PacMan, a beautiful Tron I picked up in Dallas (where I managed to scratch the ever loving hell out of one side of NEW artwork) loading it into my vehicle and a Defender (one of my all-time favorites.)

I've promised myself no more cabs until I finish the SuperPac.  I also said this when I bought the Tron, and now the Defender.  And I am sure I will say it again when I get that much coveted ___________ later this year.

And, once again, hello from Owasso, OK!

Shipwreck

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2015, 09:15:23 pm »

Welcome fellow Owassian. It is quite the small world. There are a few Oklahoma members on here. Post some pics of your stuff if you get a chance.
Mattyice17

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2015, 10:57:37 pm »

Hello from Claremore!!!!

If you ever want to get rid of that Tron... You be sure to let me know.

Matt.
jasoomian

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2015, 08:33:58 pm »

I might want to rid myself of that SuperPac one day to fund the Defender restore, but, that Tron's not going anywhere anytime soon ;)  That game is near and dear.

I'll try to get some decent pics and post them up.
Mattyice17

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2015, 02:12:40 pm »

Hey Shipwreck and jasoomian, Here is the facebook page for fellow Oklahoma collectors. I'm not sure if either of you already participate on the page, but figured i would give you a heads up.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/okcoinop/
Shipwreck

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2015, 10:32:48 am »

Nice, I joined the group.

Thanks for the information.
jasoomian

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2015, 10:20:06 pm »

I just joined as well, thanks for the tip.
jasoomian

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2015, 10:29:04 pm »

Pics as promised - they are hosted by the fine folks at imgur.com

Hmmm, when I try to preview, it just says 'Fetching preview....' -- forever, so, if you like, the link below will get you to the album.  If you can't see the pictures, let me know.

http://imgur.com/a/0ZOBc#0
Shipwreck

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2015, 08:30:14 am »

Great looking games you got there.
Mattyice17

View Profile
Re:
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2015, 11:58:55 am »

I see why you won't let that tron go... Any game you have to drive to Dallas to get will stay in the collection for awhile. Haha
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: