John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
April 30, 2024, 02:08:21 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Neo Geo 4 Slot vs 201 in 1 Cabinet  (Read 1396 times)
OrioleFan

View Profile
« on: March 31, 2015, 12:38:34 pm »

Since I've started my research on purchasing a Neo Geo cabinet I've come across these Neo Geo systems which have a cartridge holding 161 to 201 Neo Geo games.

Is there a reason why more people don't buy these? Is there an advantage to owning a 4 Slot over the the 201 in 1? I'm guessing it is because it isn't an original Neo Geo product from the early 1990s, no marquee, thus not the original experience? Do the games run and look the same on the 201 in 1 vs a traditional 4 Slot?
iankellogg
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2015, 10:11:44 am »

the 4 slot looks better than every other model. Also the multi carts are lame in a lineup. They are great if its your ONLY game and they are great when you don't own a lot of carts but it gets kind of annoying having to walk over to the neogeo everytime i turn my row on just to select a game so it doesnt sit there on a static screen.

https://iankellogg.com
Cap kits, eproms, and more
Missinglenk

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2015, 10:38:04 pm »

I've always wanted a Neo Geo cabinet.  I finally got one out of state for a really good price. I got the Big Red 4 slot MVS system which is the one I think you are wanting.  The hardest thing about these is that you have to replace the battery on the bottom board and while you are there, install the audio cap kit.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: