John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
April 20, 2024, 09:18:08 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: PC-10 Mame Multiple Emulation?  (Read 21184 times)
zabitsu13

View Profile
« on: March 30, 2015, 03:25:15 pm »

Hi people,
I have a question regarding PC-10 on MAME. Is there any way I can emulate multiple PC-10 Games at once? Like what it would be like in the Arcades on the actual hardware. Instead of having just 1 option, is there any way i can have more than 1 option? Reason why i want to do this is because i am making a MAME cab using the X-Arcade Tankstick, and I want to make a easy way to emulate the experience of the PC-10 with multiple games instead of loading each individual game. Thanks!
« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 07:50:12 pm by zabitsu13 » Logged

~~Working on my own MAME Cab!~~
tombutler

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2015, 08:31:16 pm »

I am pretty sure the pc 10 roms are the same as the nes roms.

You can have a frontend handle both mame and nes or snes or genesis (basically any emulator)
I have had experience with Hyperspin and Gamex.  I feel like Gamex is better for xp and hyperspin is good if you have a decent graphics card but some think it is a bit too flashy.

If it were me I would just load Fcuex nes emulator on a frontend like gamex or hyperspin and have the computer boot straight to the front end.

The frontend will make put all the mame games in one list and all the nes games in another list.

I believe the Nintendo things that are different are the VS roms but john would be a better person to ask.
zabitsu13

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2015, 09:20:23 pm »

The thing is, I know how to emulate the PC-10 roms in MAME, but in the PC list, it will only list they game you loaded. I was wondering if i could load multiple games on there and make it a complete list.
Like this:

Instead of This:

If anyone can find some sort of answer to this, without me having to code my own custom version of MAME, that would be great.
Thanks!

tombutler

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2015, 10:32:23 pm »

I would say no.  It probably can be done but you would most likely have to code some sort of custom front-end that looks like a pc 10 interface. mame isn't designed that way.  It isn't really designed with a user focus in mind.
In my opinion it's more of a proof of concept more than anything. That and people trying to preserve the games.

which is why most people use an Nes emulator and front end to accomplish what you are trying to do.

I haven't heard of a way Atleast.
zabitsu13

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2015, 09:42:16 pm »

Yea.
I am just gonna go with using Hyperspin and loading the NES games using it. Thanks for the help.

tombutler

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2015, 09:52:25 pm »

No problem.

If you have any problems setting up Hyperspin I have a lot of experience with it.

If you find it to be to graphic intensive I recommend game ex.  It works well on older xp based systems.

Hyper spin is pretty but can be a bit overwhelming and I found it to be a bit overkill.  Any time I would demo it for friends they didn't seem to get it.  But it sure is pretty.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: